What is wrong with you people?

The point of us going to the parks is to enjoy the attractions. And for what it costs to go, I don’t want to spend my day standing in lines. I could stay at home for free to not ride anything.

We don’t visit very often though - it’s 3 years since our last trip and this is the smallest gap we’ve had. If we were able to visit several times a year like some liners, we’d probably be less bothered about attractions.

2 Likes

I suspect that posters on a National Parks forum would completely agree with you (and many folks in general). But there is obviously a bit of a bias (and self selection) on this forum …

That said, I do love the National Parks and plan to explore more of them when my kids are older.

4 Likes

And no ADRs for dinner (or pudding!) in your kitchen!

1 Like

We use FPP - and as many as we can get - so that we can enjoy the day and move at a slower pace. I know it sounds like we must be running from place to place, but the day at MK when we used in excess of 10 FPP was among our most relaxing ever. We moved from attraction to attraction at a leisurely pace, stopping to shop, snack, and use the facilities as we needed, almost never waiting in any line at all, and just enjoying each other’s company.

there are days we race around parks.

there are days we take a half day to be lazy and sleep in or be at the pool

There are days that are a mix of both.

But they’re all fantastic - because we’re in the bubble <3

6 Likes

Wow. I never realized something was wrong with me because I decided to go to Splash Mountain over El Capitan mountain. Thanks for pointing that out. I love being wrong, though, so I think I’ll still book that splash FPP…

4 Likes

I look at it as good news that people think we are wrong to book FPs … the more people that choose to skip getting FPs, the better for the rest of us1

3 Likes

In the words of Baymax, “There, there.”

But I do hope your VIP tour is amazing and includes an excellent Hagrid’s coaster experience.

My initial touring plans included a day I’d titled “All the Magic” that had a morning in Magic Kingdom, moving from CBR to RPR, and then going to Diagon Alley & Hogsmeade for dinner and an evening introduction to the WWOHP.

Now I’ve (almost) rearranged everything and we’re hitting Universal first, but I’m excited about both destinations. WDW just needs more planning, mostly because of the greater geography and number of experiences available. And the FPs, which are actually causing me insomnia this week (we’re now 65 days out.)

Both places have rides/theming that draw on stories I love, yet I’m not sure any of the parks will have my heart or if we’ll go back to either any time soon. I’m enjoying reading the trip reports here when the love for the place (either Disney or Universal) and sense of being at home comes through, though – I started reading them as research but even if I don’t end up feeling that (I hope I do but who knows, right?) it’s nice to get a bit of that feeling vicariously.

3 Likes

The main reason I haven’t been there recently…

I watch Pammie Plus Parks she went and could not fit. I love watching her reports she does her best to give all sorts of info for people with challenges.

1 Like

Shockwave was WAAAAYYY more abusive than RRR!

I’m not sure when the last time was you were there, but only two rides currently require you to go through a metal detector before you ride.

Thanks, that helps. So then the answer is that RRR is not really rough at all. :joy:

1 Like

In my opinion, no, Rip Ride Rockit is not rough. I felt that by the end of its life, I was getting banged around on Shockwave pretty badly. Of course, if you rode Shockwave in its glory days, you may feel differently.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been sayin’! :wink:

3 Likes

That’s probably right. The worst experience with it was at Dragon Challenge so not sure if Hagrid has it or not. I’m sure Hulk has it as does Rip Ride Rockit. It’s true that it isn’t a huge deal, but it was just a pet peeve of mine and it just annoyed me more than it probably should.

Yeah, I really don’t remember it being rough, but one of my favorite rollercoasters is the Beast at Kings Island and it is an old wood coaster that beats the hell out of you so my perspective might not be the most useful.

1 Like

Love that ride, but it definitely beats you up. However, Son of Beast was orders of magnitude worse. Glad that thing got torn down!

I rode it pretty early on, around 1990. The last time I ever rode it would have been getting close to the end, in 1997. I don’t remember it being terribly rough, maybe it jostled you a little, but I was a teenager and could take it. I’ve heard that American Eagle is really rough now too, but I haven’t ridden it in 20 years.

I hear people talking about RnR being rough, so I always take that into consideration when anyone describes something as rough. Probably the best comparison I can think of at WDW is Primeval Whirl. I consider that a little rough.

The Beast is awesome and I don’t care if it beats me up!

Amen to that! The was my very first rollercoaster and it was/still is awesome! A classic for sure!

1 Like

Stick around young grasshopper and you may learn a thing or two from us ancient folks.

1 Like