What is wrong with you people?

For what it’s worth, I just did a google search and there are a number of articles which mention that the spinning was toned down a number of years ago to make the ride more kid friendly.

It’s possible that I’m just getting old :joy: though I’m only 44 and don’t think any other ride that people say is jerky, actually is jerky.

1 Like

Quite young! (I’m 46)

1 Like

I think you report rides as being jerky (or, well, “rough”) that aren’t. Case in point? Rip Ride Rock’it! :wink:

Same. I’m 46. Just a babe, really.

2 Likes

We’re mere children!

3 Likes

I forgot about RRR! To be fair to me, you’re the only person I’ve seen say it’s not rough. I come off with bruised ears.

Nope, you’re all ancient. I can say that because I’m 40 and you’ll always be older than me! :laughing:

Oh yeah? Well you’re the only person I make fun of for saying it IS rough. :wink:

2 Likes

This :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve never ridden it but I used to love Shockwave at six flags great America. Can anyone compare the 2 for me in terms of how rough they are?

That’s true! You’re so mean.

I won’t even try RRR. Is it rougher than Cat in the Hat?

I enjoy Universal very much, but it might be more because we can walk/boat everywhere and the lines are short due to express pass than it is for the rides for me. Disney has my heart, I can easily go to Orlando and skip Universal, but I could never skip WDW. That said, our family trips always include both to keep everyone happy. My DH actually enjoys Universal, and barely tolerates Disney. My kids are teens, and while they love Disney, they much prefer the rides at UOR. They are just more into thrill rides, as is my DH, where as I am happy as a clam on Slinky Dog Dash, 7DMT, and Haunted Mansion. So we have to compromise. Our next trip is 12/26-1/6 and we will spend 7 nights at WDW and 4 at Universal. My DH is only coming for the Universal part.

1 Like

My head smashes off the sides, I can only ride it once though DS will ride it a few times in a row. Cat in the Hat is just too rough for kids too little to brace themselves (imo).

For me UOR is a one-day diversion from a WDW vacation, for many of the reasons stated here (motion sickness, lack of family-friendly rides, lack of “magic” outside WWoHP, etc.).

But WWoHP is absolutely worth every cent and every minute you can spare to get there / be there, especially for a die-hard HP fan like myself. That said, I will NEVER ride Forbidden Journey ever again due to my Near-Retch-Experience. Which pains me to say, but alas … Gringotts was great and Hagrid’s Motorbike looks amazing. Ollivander’s was nearly worth the cost of admission alone, as was the Hogwart’s Express.

And I must admit, the Jurassic Park ride is still a must-do for me any chance I get. But the attention to detail in the rest of the park is not quite up to snuff with the Disney standard, especially if you can’t enjoy a simulator ride.

1 Like

Love this

Aren’t you the same person who rated a ride based on how many barf bags?

2 Likes

Ha ha, thanks! Yes, the very same! FJ is 5 / 5 barf bags.

2 Likes

You seem to be a professional in the protein spill area of things.

That’s interesting.

And a little odd.

And perhaps a bit sad.

But hilarious just the same!

2 Likes

Quite the distinction! :joy:

I have actually only thrown up once at a Disney park, and it was at age 11 on the Disneyland Railroad before it even pulled away from the station. (I think I had food poisoning.) When a CM came to clean it up, he said “Usually people throw up after the ride has started!”

I get motion sickness on simulator rides (thankfully not roller coasters) and it is not difficult to take special note of the effect each ride has on me.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering this (what is wrong with you people) for awhile now but not about UOR, IoA or even DL.

What I have a hard time with is rides - especially roller coasters - and shows and the apparent compulsion to do as many as humanly possible in one day.

I especially don’t understand this FP fixation. One or two have been useful in the past. Ten in one day seems excessive - possibly injurious to one’s health.

Full disclosure - yes, it’s true I’ve been to WDW multiple times. For some inexplicable reason it’s the one place on the planet - so far - that will guarantee the most attendance of extended family members.

Tho as I get older (and possibly more intimidating), large groups have less appeal.

As for full immersion, nobody does it better than mother nature. Some of the lesser known National Parks have UOR or, yes, even WDW beat. (But not the well known parks - too many people visiting and NPS can’t do crowds like WDW).

2 Likes