What is same day FPP availability like for Kilimanjaro Safari

Hello all - my group would very much like to ride KS around dusk on our AK day, which is 3/14. We are hoping for a FPP for around 6:45 p.m.

My question is whether it is better to go ahead now and grab a FPP for this time (it is available) or instead hope to try to snag one the day of.

My reluctance is that I’d love to be able to use our first 3 FPP (which will be done by 2:30 p.m.) and then try to snag a FPP for FoP at the 3:01 drop (if it is available) and then grab KS as our 5th FPP for the day after that. It sounds good in theory, but I have no idea if it is realistic.

Any thoughts?

This website, The Dibb is a great way to track available FPP. You’ll have a pretty good idea of what’s available the closer you get to your travel date.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

Its usually gone about 20 days in advance, so not a great one to try and grab same day. There are drops same day but I wouldn’t rely on them. I’ll try and dig out the thread with the timings now

Thank you both for the info. Since the evening KS is a high priority, I decided to book it. We already have FPP for EE and FoP, so the extra FPP would be nice to have but not essential. I don’t want to risk missing the chance for the safari at sunset.

I’ve done similar, we’ve got 2 days at AK and I’ve booked the same fastpasses for both. FOP, EE and KS. Booked KS in the morning one day and evening the other. Did the same last time we were there, KS is a completely different experience in the evening

1 Like