What does Disney QS make that's better than fast food?

I think the waffle fries at Chick-fil-A is way better than Wendy’s fries. I just think the OLD Wendy’s fries were best. No longer. Now they are…fine better than McDonald’s, IMO.

2 Likes

I take back my earlier comment. Culver’s fries are the best. A nice wide crinkle cut fry that holds plenty of ketchup.

1 Like

Never eaten at Culver’s for anything other than shakes. :slight_smile:

They’ve got one of the best fast food burgers

1 Like

I like your list, but my list would have to add the chicken from Plaza, DH would add the burgers at WWS and DS15 would add the Turkey Legs.

2 Likes

That’s another unique one. I only normally see those at the county fair. And they probably cost the same, so a good deal by Disney standards!

1 Like

Try Cape May’s Café in the Beach Club resort. Seafood to knock your socks off. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

loved to do that.
also equally satisfying was getting the caramel sundae with nuts and mcdonalds and dipping fries into it…

mmm heavenly!

1 Like

I will need to that in the very near future!

I’d like to try that sometime. Maybe if my kids decide they like crab legs. For right now, I have one kid who will choose to just eat from the salad bar, which makes Disney buffets a little pricey (especially since she’ll be 10 next trip!) and another that prefers to fill up by eating his body weight in breakfast sausage and eggs (which works out well for a breakfast buffet, but not later when he won’t eat any other meals). The other kids will be 4 next time and have to actually pay for a meal at buffets unfortunately, so we’ll see what kind of eater he will be.

My 2 year old likes dipping random foods into other random foods. Strawberries into yogurt - good choice. French fries into cheese - also fine. Strawberries into gravy - WTF is wrong with you, boy!

2 Likes

I have found NO “standard America style” QS in WDW that is any better than the stuff I rarely eat when at home. EP has several choices that I like: Yorkshire Fish and Chips, Tangerine Cafe, and Sommerfest. There are no QS locations in any of the other parks that I would go to voluntarily - although I have hopes for Satuli, when I get a chance to try it. And I may try Woody’s. just to have tried it. I rarely eat snacks, but if I do it’s a Dole Whip in MK and AK, a cinnamon roll at Gaston’s, an Ice cream cookie sandwich at SH, Karamel Kuchen popcorn, or a pretzel in Germany. I don’t know if carrot cake cookies exist in DHS anymore, but if they do, that’s my one choice there.

2 Likes

McDonalds doesn’t actually serve ice cream any more, they just haven’t taken it off the menu yet!

1 Like

The fish and chips at the Yorkshire place in Epcot is the best fast food fish and chips I’ve had in the US.

That said, don’t forget that many, many visitors are coming from rural areas that don’t have very many food options. Where my sister lives they have a pizza place, a “rustic” grill, a couple of bars, and McDonald’s. Anything else is at least a 25 minute drive and their town isn’t anywhere near as isolated as a lot of middle and northern America

2 Likes

Bwahahahaha. I was actually there today and my son wanted a cone, but the machine was down, so that just made it even more funny!

1 Like

You need this:

:smiley:

2 Likes

IRL I almost never eat out - fast food or otherwise. I am usually horrified when the bill comes and I realize how much food I could have purchased at the grocery store with the same amount of money. I try to only order foods I would not make at home (too complicated or messy for average day of meal prep).

I’ve found almost all the food at WDW and DLR very good.
I do enjoy a good burger, but I also love some of the “fun” burgers like the one at Red Rose Taverne that had beef tips ON the burger. And the Po Boy at the French Market was done nicely.

I’ve never been sorry to eat at Flame Tree
And the Mac and Cheese pot roast at Friar Nook’s is on my short list for November.

1 Like

It is funny, because when we would go out as a family to a fast-food place (usually on a trip) as we enter the building, the question everyone asked, first thing, was, “How much are we allowed to spend?” Often times, to stay on budget, it was, “You can get two things from the dollar menu.” They would have to decide, then, if ONE Of those two dollars was going to be a fountain drink, or should they get water instead so that they could get fries or something.

Of course, I’m a little freer today since I’m no longer as tight-fisted, budget wise, as I had to be back then. But just this past Sunday, after church, since we had to hang around to drop one of my kids off someplace, instead of going home we went to Wendy’s. I said, “You can get a 4 for 4 meal. Anything beyond that, and you’re paying for it yourself!” :slight_smile:

All told, I spent enough for everyone to have fed the entire family for 2 full days if we had bought from the grocery store!

1 Like

Yes!
We have had plenty of the “pick two items from the Value menu drive in” to go with our packed drinks on road trips, etc.

And I will admit to an awful lot of 4 for $4’s over the last year with our busy schedules. But $4 per person adds up quickly. But for one kid going from rehearsal to work can be kept from starving now and then.

Truth - I used to wonder how fast food business is still in business. I mean, who would eat there? This was my thought process forever. Then our lives got so busy that I actually had to utilize drive-thrus to keep some kids fed on busy days. Now I am ever so grateful for the dollar and value menus.

They also do a lot of business in drinks. $1 for a nice cold 32oz soda on a hot day. $2 (I think) coffee in the morning. High profit items for McDonald’s