What does Disney QS make that's better than fast food?

That tasted as good as fresh?? I dunno, I have an air fryer, but mines not that magic. :wink: (though cooking chicken nuggets or other breaded meats is good, but I think if it was freshly made itd taste better).

But more to the point: Disney doesn’t have an air fryer either. They have… microwaves.

1 Like

It left over pizza

They need a Portillo’s.

4 Likes

Thanks, now i want portillo’s!

2 Likes

Doesn’t sleepy hollow in magic kingdom serve waffles??

3 Likes

I liked the beyond burgers at both all star music and pecos bill. Awesome veggie burger. So much better than boca or garden burgers

I also liked the chicken pot pie at chh

And satuli canteen is above average imho

1 Like

You are probably right that they don’t make the best burgers, chicken fingers etc, but if you look at all QS as a whole, the food is decent, especially when you compare it to “theme park food”. Variety is great too. I’m at the beach now and am so sick of eating out halfway through vacation. WDW was the only vacation I’ve been on where I wasn’t sick of restaurants (to be fair this included eating at buffets).

1 Like

I’m sure it does. I meant normal fast food outside Disney.

DD5 has declared the chicken nuggets at Columbia Harbour House to be the best ever. She has them every time, and she’s not normally a big chicken nugget fan. :joy:

2 Likes

Yep - I would think it would be compared to like a Panera Bread, and Satu’li is much better!

I also think the fish tacos at Sunshine Season are much better than, say, Q’doba…not sure if they are there anymore.

I eat seafood, but not meat - so this is usually a go to. I think it is much better than say Long John Silver or Captain D.

1 Like

I think Disney’s strength in QS comes in the variety. I don’t think they strive to make the best burger or the best chicken nugget because typically people who go order those items probably aren’t your foodies looking for the best. I think where they shine is with the more non-traditional items that are hard to compare. There really isn’t a direct comparison for Satu’li, Columbia Harbor House, Woody’s Lunchbox, etc…

2 Likes

Satu’li is better than any fast food I have had anywhere.

4 Likes

I think judging fast food (and, well, food in general) is very difficult to do because we factor a lot of things into it. Price impacts how well we presumably like something…and let me illustrate what that means.

Take McDonald’s. Something pretty much everyone is familiar with. Who, in their right mind, would say McDonald’s is the best fast food? No one. Yet, it is ubiquitous and is still one of the largest fast food chains in the world. BUT, how are most people judging McDonald’s? I mean, I basically just go there because it is cheaper (any size drinks for $1, and I can order from the dollar menu!). When I’m out, I’ll get a McDouble, small fry, and large Diet Coke. Do I do this because there aren’t better options out there? Nope. And further, at this very same McDonald’s they offer some actually quite tasty food choices (such as the current specialty sandwich, the Grand McExtreme Bacon burger, etc).

But I never order the “expensive” items from McDonald’s, so my impression of their quality is skewed.

If I could go into any fast food place and not worry about price at all, I’d find many more quality options. For example, generally I despise going to Burger King because their service is horrendous. But their Angry Whopper is, to me, on par with any burger I’d order from Red Robin, etc.

So, this all applies to judging QS as well. How can we judge QS options at Disney? I think price should be off the table. And then, it means looking at the items (regardless of cost) that are generally the tastiest.

5 Likes

okay, but i don’t think best chicken nuggets ever is a title they should be fighting for :joy:

Actually they probably should if kids like them

we thought the waffle fries at Pop’s food court were the best fast food fries… it is the only QS item that sticks out in my memories.

1 Like

We REALLY liked the Chicken Nuggets and Waffle Fries from Golden Oak Outpost at MK. You got a pretty decent amount of food for the money, as well. Certainly better than any fast-food chicken nuggets and fries by a long shot.

1 Like

Flutegarden - The one problem with Ocean City - no really good sit down restaurants. I think this is because the real restaurateurs can’t make enough profit without selling alcohol so they avoid OC. And as awesome as Manco and Manco’s pizza is, even my family can’t have it everyday.

I was going to mention this one.

True. WDW has a lot of buffets and international food which helps with the variety, especially with kids.