What do you want in the next version of Lines?

I think that is what many UK liners use “my chats” to track threads but you do need to reply to the thread. Of course, that is why so many people write “SFL”…vicious circle- isn’t it?

2 Likes

A shout out to SuperLand, it is the best Land (view) ever!

My suggestion, because this is where I get off track following a plan, is to be able to attach two items together, most commonly a ride/show plus a Break. Because, here’s what happens, we queue for a longer show, lets say it’s Hall of Presidents, and then right after it lets out, we need a bathroom break. If I put in a break manually, it gets bounced around on optimize. I need that break associated with that event. Or a food break like obtaining a dole whip to go along with Tiki room.

9 Likes

Oh, I like this suggestion. Great idea. There are plenty of times I’d like to be able to do this. Usually, I have to optimize, then shuffle little things like that around and re-evaluate.

1 Like

Another idea… spread a plan over multiple days. If I know I’m going to spend four hours one day and four hours the next day… it would be great to be able to optimize the plan across days.

4 Likes

I would like to see more push notifications or texts. For example when park hours change or fast passes for a new ride are now available.

2 Likes

Here are a couple of my suggestions from another thread:

2 Likes

I would like to say where I want to take a break and have it track the walking time like it does with the meals when I make a custom touring plan.

I would like to say I’m taking a break at the front gate when I’m leaving the park for a bit so that it gets the walk times correct.

Waterpark touring plans would be great.

Disney Bus & Tram & Train monitoring would be great too, so I have an idea how long to expect the trip from a park to a resort will take.

2 Likes

The system already does this - there is a selection that you can make when setting up a break to let it know you will be leaving the park.

That’s true…but what isn’t true is if you have a rest in your plan, it doesn’t calculate walk times at all, which can throw things off if the attraction just before and just after the rest are fairly far apart.

Being able to specify where the rest is going to take place would help this.

What I did as an alternative was add in a meal at a food stand or something else nearby to where the rest would be (close to the restroom) with a note saying why it is there. No, I don’t want a Turkey leg…just using the restroom. But then it keeps the walking times accurate.

I’ve been making TPs for a few weeks now, and I just thought of something which could indirectly help those of us using DAS.

Anytime FPs in TPs. In the TP interface, create a new set of dropdowns exactly like the existing FP form, but for Anytime FPs. Alternatively, add an “Anytime” option in the existing FP time frame dropdown. If an Anytime is listed, the first time that attraction is in the TP, the system will automatically use the FP wait time instead of standby. Although this functionality would require some additional programming, I wouldn’t expect it to be prohibitive. I do imagine this could greatly complicate the “Optimizer” though. Of course, I’m just a geologist so I’m an expert on rocks, not computers.

Anytime FP functionality would be useful in 2 main cases I can think of:

1. (Obvious) Someone is using an actual Anytime FP and wants to known the effect on their TP without having to guess their arrival time to the attraction. Right now, you can add a FP for the 1-hour timeframe you expect to be at the attraction, but as you adjust your TP (or the wait time data changes) this window may change, requiring you to also update the FP window selection too.
  2. Someone is using the DAS pass, which functions sort of like an Anytime FP (you can use the FP queue anytime after a specific return time provided by the CM). As mentioned in #1 above, in a TP you can just add a FP for the 1-hour timeframe you expect to be at the attraction. My son uses the DAS and this is how I manage my TPs. But as plans change (or wait time data changes), I have to keep changing the FP time frame selection as well.

Thanks @len for everything. TPs and this forum have helped me to plan and execute amazing trips to WDW.

1 Like

What!? This is great! I wish I’d known about it when we went last Sep, but I’ll definitely be using it for our trip I just booked for this year! :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing. :heart:

1 Like

Yes, accurate location for re-optimizing is the #1 use case we have so far.

I would take this suggestion even further. It would be great to specify the resort if you are taking break in your room. And have the app estimating the walking and travel time.

1 Like

And to take you “even further” idea even further, how about the app actually recommend the route to/from the resort (i.e., take Boat, or using Monorail, etc).

2 Likes

I’ll see your “even further” and raise you: how about the app adding in the time to walk from the bus (or other transportation) stop to your room. And back. :rofl:

1 Like

I just want to point out that adding a transportation analysis tool to the Lines app would vastly increase the scope of the programming so I wouldn’t hold our collective breaths. It would be great if someone would add one, but there are so many variables to transportation - operations are not as predictable as rides, and if a mode of transport is not operating when anticipated, that could cause complaints to the TP crew. Think of all the lawsuits over GPS that told people to take a desert highway that ended in a cliff, or whatever. If a ride is down, it’s down (and I’m sure people have complained to TP that they didn’t ride the rides they wanted, but at least there were no safety issues). Transportation is serious business.

2 Likes

I have asked for a transportation tool on every TP post trip survey since 2014.

3 Likes

I haven’t dug around too much to see if this is already a feature, but it would be nice to be able to filter the list of attractions to show only the attractions not already on one of your plans. Nice way to pick something that you don’t necessarily always think about.

2 Likes

A very minor thing: in the app, when it is processing “evaluate”, it still says “Current status, optimizing”. I have had several panic moments thinking that I actually pressed “optimize.” Can you have it say “Current status: evaluating”?

7 Likes

My priorities would be:
-ability to pin a particular step to a time (or time frame) as stated above. For us Splash is always the problem. I’m not riding after dark in November again. I always get stuck by that waterfall. Brrr!!
-ability to move steps easily with drop and drag
-back button for optimize
-ability to account for rope drop (maybe with options for front of the pack/midpack/back of the pack?)

7 Likes