What Do You Like to See in a Trip Report?

And in fact, one could argue that’s where most of the crazies are…

12 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

Gah. Between this and @OBNurseNH’s thread, I feel called-out as a Lurker. :wink:

8 Likes

Well, I’m definitely a lurker, but I’ve been contemplating trying a trip report. :woman_shrugging::blush: We are going to be there August 1-9. My plan was to give updates on buses, food options/mobile ordering, food reviews, ride wait times, and food and wine at Epcot. Also review on our stay at GDT. Not sure I’ll be able to pull it off due to my lack of posting prior and not wanting to be in my phone constantly. So….not sure? I do enjoy reading everyone else’s reports here and following along and wish I had more time to interact here. From what I’ve read this seems like such a welcoming snd friendly community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Um … neither of you count as lurkers! But I won’t complain if you engage more! :blush:

7 Likes

The first part of this is not an issue - you are no stranger here, but even if you were, you have to start somewhere! My point with sharing that advice was basically, if you don’t get a lot of engagement after your first trip report, don’t despair - it takes time for people to get to know you. My first trip report only got 16 likes! lol

The second part of your post is completely understandable. If you prefer to post when you get home, I’d love to read all about your trip! Either way works.

7 Likes

Ok, Ok, I’ll go finish my report now…

9 Likes

:joy:

I think she means to not use the trip report as an open thread for anything you want to discuss NOT related to your trip report.

(You should though - but no rush. I like it dragging out. Since you were there at the same time as me, I always feel a rush of nostalgia when I see your pics.)

2 Likes

But we gotta get @OBNurseNH to 2000!!!

5 Likes

Fixed :wink:

4 Likes

Presumably we can get her there in mere days, not months. Also, there is an exception for extenuating circumstances. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ok, so based on everyone’s responses here, I get it… my brief after-trip summary really sucked :laughing:. I was trying to not bore anyone, and just covered what I thought were the important takeaways. Our trips are not nearly as exciting as some of yours, and TBH, we’re kinda private about family photos. Oh well, back to being a lurker :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Not true! I somehow missed your trip report when you first posted it, but I’m going back to read it now. It’s totally understandable that some people don’t like sharing pictures of their family - it’s true that it makes it more engaging, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other ways to make a worthwhile trip report!

Please don’t go back to being a lurker! 100% opposite of the purpose of this thread.

7 Likes

What extenuating circumstance??

2 Likes

Yikes.

Nobody said your report was lousy. Nobody’s trip report is lousy. Don’t lurk.

8 Likes

I think the point of this thread is getting misinterpreted. I think you wanted to see what everyone liked about trip reports not what people don’t like about ones that have been posted.

I can say I have found value in everyone’s reports. I like pictures but understand if you don’t want to post. I like most reading how everyone writes differently and when personalities come through the writing. All of the tips really help me plan!

5 Likes

P.S. This quote is spot on. Not everyone loves the long indulgent trip reports (no offense to those of us who write them :joy:). It’s good to have variety in the types of reports offered. :arrow_down:

8 Likes

Getting your TR to 2000 (3000?) posts!

2 Likes

No worries everyone! If that previous post came off as overly-sensitive, please don’t take it that way! I was laughing as I read what everyone liked about trip reports (FAMILY PHOTOS!) and then I looked at my empty trip summary. Hilarious! :smile:

8 Likes

To take this a bit further: I think trip reports provide different value depending on what the reader is looking for. Sometimes I want to know timing of how long things took from A to B, sometimes I want to see pictures to see how crowds are looking. Sometimes I just want a distraction from work (or my crazy kids). When I was planning my first trip in 2018 I soaked up all trip reports for every little detail. I appreciated every single one then, and every one I’ve read since.

Thank you to everyone who has done a trip report!

17 Likes