What do you guys think of my plans (updated)

These are my family’s current plans for WDW this April.

There are 8 of us, 2 adults and 6 kids aged 9,12,13,15,17,19.

We have been to DLR once and HKDL twice.

We will probably not return for a long time so we are trying to get as much done as possible.

We are staying at the Treehouses at Saratoga Springs and will have a hire car.

As a first time, WDW visitor would you change anything?

Any suggestions on FP different from what I have put down?

1 Like

I would personally consider making Epcot one day and Animal Kingdom one day rather than splitting the two. That’s a lot of wasted time traveling between the two.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I had the park hopping working a bit differently in a previous version and didn’t realise it’s EP/AK one day and AK/EP another in this new one.

Funny, I do not think I have ever not split days! I see you have all the night time attractions on your plans you intend to do- I expect HEA is on one or possibly both of your MK nights?

Question about your AK/EP day. Will you plan on getting there extra early if you are unable to get FoP?

1 Like

If you have park hoppers why would you not plan with them? My days are always split into two sections and then planned from there. I always start with a list of what I want to do: night time shows, rope drop FoP, HS one am and one PM…

1 Like

We would probably try and arrive early whether or not we get a FOP FP.

How would you spend 7 days making use of park hopper with a mostly rest day and wanting to do all nighttime shows and as many rides/shows as possible?

I would first plan out my nights. Then, I would look if there was anything that was an early morning (like FoP). Some people look at the crowd calendar. I think you should think of your own priorities first and then plan those first.

See if this works- this is my Feb trip February 2017 - Google Sheets

1 Like

I have requested access to the spreadsheet

I would say don’t count on the FEA FP if you’re going to try for a same day one. Especially with a group of 8. Otherwise what worked for us was figuring out what ADRs we really wanted and what we could get (we were also a group of 8). With Park hopper you can then figure out which parks on what days and if it works better to split days. When figuring it out I also did like @PrincipalTinker and wrote out my days as morning and evening.

I’d love to see your plan, as well @PrincipalTinker. I love to see how people plan out their days at WDW.

Will someone check to see if I just made it public?

Also, this is just how I would plan before I build any touring plans…very primitive.

I can see it.

1 Like

When you do this do you save your FP+ for the second park? Or do you use them in the first park and then pick up additional for the second park?

Usually but I always use FPs in HS.

Got it. Cool to see.

This is my primitive plan for our May trip - before Fastpasses and without a touring plan finalized.

I travel with a 26 and 28 year old. I sometimes have been known to note the bars/lounges on my Plan. I miss the days that your plan reminds me of.

1 Like

Well, because I travel with 4 kids ages 2 to 12, I also need to note bars/lounges on my plan… with a to-go counter! :grin:

1 Like