What Corporate Promo Items Do You Actually Like

I definitely thought of the waterproof pouch being for water rides not rain - it never even occurred to me that it could suggest rain.

2 Likes

Bottle of sunscreen? If you don’t like the message of the poncho, then go for the opposite!

Even a tiny bottle/tube/stick- just aim for the most sensitive-non-allergenic thing possible, even if it’s labeled for “babies” – it’s still fine for adult-only travelers, but would reassure parents.

(Sweat makes sunscreen run from my forehead, behind my glasses & sunglasses, into my eyes – I definitely have learned that I need the least irritating thing possible for my face, even if I use “tougher stuff” on the rest of my body. )

2 Likes

The best swag I ever got at a convention was a portable phone charger - like the size of the FuelRods in the vending machines at Disney and UOR.

6 Likes

None of that swag would be useful to me. Tho my sister would love a free poncho.

I’m currently [trying] to de-clutter; none of the document holders or draw string bags that have made it into the house were apparently ever used. Even a couple of nicer soft brief case kind of things - no use. Really sad.

However, we have had a couple of insulated soft side bags - like tote size, shoulder bags. One is worn out and now probably taking up landfill space. The other is used at least once a month or more. Snacks at karate tournaments, colder stuff from grocery curb side pickup.

Non-insulated cloth bags are also used a lot at my house. More so when we were still camping (great bath house bags). They keep each grandkids’ gear together in the van. We use them so much that we’ve pretty much quit buying t-shirts as souvenirs. But then we could be weird.

Outside the box: beach towels. One of my all time favorite souvenirs from the World is a bath towel from AK, bought in 2004. I only bought it to keep the bus AC off my rain damp clothes, but that towel has been so handy for so many odd things. I’m drawing a blank now on how tho I’m always using that towel for something.

Tho it’s over used, DH never met a pen he could turn down.

My version of the pen is the clip for chip bags. Especially the kind with a small magnet so they can wait on the fridge. Never have enough. They break. They grow legs and walk off. I forget to buy more at the store.

To recap:
chip bag clips
reusable cloth bag
beach towel
insulated tote bag

1 Like

This makes me think…and not sure this is even possible, but…

Free MagicBand?

Considering they are no longer free for on-site guests, and off-site always would have to buy one if they want one, then getting one for free with the TP logo on it would be fairly awesome.

I’m not sure if you can create customized MagicBands like that, though.

4 Likes

Meanwhile @Brian is sorry he asked :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Hehe. It should be expected that we will always end up down rabbit holes!

Although…maybe not a full-on Magic Band, but the band itself that an existing puck could be transferred into?

1 Like

Despite all the discussion about rain or not rain, I like the ponchos.

You asked for items that I have gotten from companies that I actually like and use.

Well, I LIKE the items I USE. Which are limited. Pens, pencils, etc. have no me, and if it was travel related swag, then I would like to use it for travel.

Whether we like it or not, it rains at Disney. That’s a surprise to nobody…so, a nice poncho that is convenient to have and will actually be used, is something I would like. Ditto with the waterproof phone holder.

That’s my two cents.

3 Likes

I’d honestly rather the money spent on promotional crap go to the agents themselves. I’m GLAD the agency I use doesn’t bother with such. If they did start sending crap, I’d ask my agent to please not as I won’t use it.

You could create a magic band DECAL? (I bought some for my upcoming trip)

2 Likes

Condoms “Because every attraction needs a Plan”

I don’t get a lot of merch.
But I have kept pens.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

As an adult I don’t need anything but when our TA put together a Disney gift bag for my DD it was appreciated. Probably just dollar store stuff like a Disney themed notebook, crayons, stickers and glow stick. Little activities to bring with us.

4 Likes

Regarding the blurred portion…

Apparently at least in their higher end cabins/suites, Virgin Voyages has a “pleasure pack” box in the amenities. I can only guess what is in there because the vlogs I saw it discovered on were like “Well we can’t show THAT on here and keep it family friendly.”

Yeah…that is a huge :x: against them for me. I’m not a prude, but that is just tacky IMHO.

2 Likes

Poncho for sure or even a travel umbrella.
Drawstring backpacks get donated, I’ve got a million of them from promos.

1 Like

I just googled it. It’s a condom, lube, vibrator, and ring for $30 (not a free promo item). Seems like it fits the adults-only party vibe they are going for. If that isn’t for you, then the cruise it’s offered on probably isn’t either.

3 Likes

I also love the magic band sliders (not sure if you guys already sell them!)

It was not marked as extra charge in the vlogs I saw.

But yeah - it has a very Vegas vibe and Vegas has zero appeal for me.

I like the poncho idea because it’s creative. Would you have to send for each member of the travel party though? Just a thought, why the backpack or document pouch may be more cost effective from a business perspective.

A reusable straw in a case?
A lanyard with clip for keys/card?
A Fanny pack which I hear are back in :nerd_face:?
A pop socket for cell phone? That would really pop with the TP logo.

2 Likes