What closure would force you to go NOW?

Just starting conversations during the slow seasons! What ride/show/attraction/other would need to be closing immediately for you to rush to Universal? I eliminating Hagrid’s & VelociCoaster from consideration. They are the newest & both successful.

I did a trip for Posiedon’s Fury. I’m grateful to have been able to do so!

I couldn’t think of just one…

JPRA - If it was a retheme to JW I’d be OK, but a closure would make me race there!

Forbidden Journey or Gringotts (either WWOHP ride)

Mummy

Spider-Man

It was hard to not say almost everything! But these four would cause me to book a trip. I know Spider-Man is leaving Japan. I’d hate to see it leave UOR!

6 Likes

Not Dr. Doom?

4 Likes

My votes!

6 Likes

This is the closest to true for me.

Honestly it would have to be Velocicoaster or Hagrid’s to get me there for a special trip. Mummy is great but I wouldn’t miss it terribly.

The only ride closure that has actually made me book a special trip is Splash Mountain! I went to both WDW’s version and DL’s in the month before each closed.

4 Likes

I love it, but it is just an “off the shelf” attraction. You can find other versions of it around the U.S.

4 Likes

It’s the one that barely made the cut for me. It wasn’t running when I started my AP adventure. I remember how much I missed it then.

I did get to see it in 2018 and REALLY missed it in my MK visits this year. TBA opening is going to motivate me to use up my Disney Visa points!

3 Likes

I’m really excited for it to open, too!

3 Likes

We really enjoyed Mummy. Id like to think I would fit a trip in since I havent gotten to experience enough for my liking.

3 Likes

I asked DD. She said if they were to touch anything on Seuss Landing she’d be begging go, even the Caro-Suess-el!

4 Likes

… and search for a missing ingredient!

4 Likes

This is the one that seems most likely to close from that list. I love this coaster, but wouldn’t make a special trip.

3 Likes

My top picks: ET, Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, Transformers, and the Horror Makeup Show.

2 Likes

I’m with DD on this one!

2 Likes

Mummy and MIB. Not necessarily Gringotts but Diagon Alley itself would too.

3 Likes