What available times are you seeing for ROTR ILL when booking at 7AM?

Hey there. We are trying to make our TP for HS and we will be paying for ROTR one of the days. I am trying to add a break in my TP as a hack to make room in the plan for ROTR. We are Disney hotel guests so we can get ROTR ILL at 7AM. At that time, what times are you seeing for ROTR? I am trying to figure out if it’s going to work for the day when we plan to leave the park at 2pm. Are there alot of times to choose from earlier in the day if you book right at 7AM? How long should my break time allow in my schedule for ROTR? Thanks so much!!

1 Like

Thrill Data collects this data. The times go fast, but if you log in at 7am you should be able to get a decent selection. But I’d plan on afternoon or evening just in case.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

We did it on 10/24. I booked it right at 7:00 and our return time was 10:20-11:20 am.

I paid for it once because of the six of us only one had ridden before. But of course we wanted to ride it again. So the next night we found ourselves at HS. At 8:55 pm with the park closing at 9 it was showing a 75 minute wait. DH asked if that was accurate and they said yes. We hopped in line and was on and off the ride in 45 minutes.

1 Like

With return times so late in the afternoon, are they planning on working through the rope droppers ahead of time? I’m wondering for the cheapos like me (won’t pay- went on it twice last summer and it was great but since we are 4 people, I don’t think it’s worth $60).

1 Like

It seems that the thrill data chart is less useful than for G+ rides. There could be one morning time that no one wanted for some reason (say 10 am) so until then it would show 10am or earlier. But, it could be that all the times 2pm+ were gone because most of the park hoppers bought it.

1 Like

That can be true, except I think when you follow the general curve and take the average, it will be more meaningful to what times are largely available, as opposed to blips which may be one-off availability.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at it a different way when deciding whether to add an ILL like Rise. The question for me is not whether Rise is worth $60, but whether $60 is worth about 90 minutes of park time (and the attractions we could experience with that extra time).

I think we are really buying time and not buying a ride.

4 Likes

That’s totally fair- had we not just been in July and been able to ride 2 times, I think we’d be ok not riding Rise this time at all. If we’d never been on it, we may opt for the ILL instead of G+ for the day…

1 Like