What are your Disney “Deep Cuts”?

So I’ve been an AP for almost 5 years now, averaging 4-5 trips per year. My last couple of trips have felt a bit … stale, however. We do the same things, ride the same rides, take the same pics, every time. They’re our favorites, so I don’t have any real complaints, but the shine is off a bit.

What are your Disney “deep cuts” that I should try next time? (My next trip is the first week of June). What’s something underrated or less-visited that you absolutely love? Help me get my mojo back, Liners!

5 Likes

I’ll have to think on “underrated” but my trips are never stale because every single one includes something I’ve never done before. A festival or a dining venue, a new attraction, maybe a behind the scenes tour.

My favorite tour so far has been Wild Africa Trek

Something I only got to do once but absolutely LOVED was renting one of the watercraft and cruising around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay
Lake.

6 Likes

I love LwtL. A lot of people skip it but it’s new and different every time. I always try to check out a new president when added to Presidents Hall. Adding 1 new TS per trip is different too.

4 Likes

DW and I loved WAT. Looking forward to doing it again when DS6 is old enough on our 2026 trip.

Edit to correct: Just realized he will be 8 when we go in fall/winter 2025 so even sooner!

4 Likes

Have you eaten at every restaurant? I consider this a challenge that will take me the rest of my lifetime considering I always like to hit up my favorites too!

A couple of my favorite underrated attractions:

• Carousel of Progress
  • Impressions de France
  • Reflections of China
  • Feathered Friends in Flight
  • Nemo Musical

I also love checking out the hotel lobbies. My favorites are WL (including the BR train room), AKL, and Poly.

6 Likes

This has been our approach. There is so much to do, that the rides themselves have become less important (other than some key favorites).

This upcoming trip, the things we are doing we have never done:

• Cirque du Soleil
  • Hoop Dee Doo
  • Flower and Garden Festival
  • Tron (hopefully)
  • A few TS restaurants
  • Traveling with friends!

Last trip:

• Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Remy’s
  • Staying at SSR
  • MVMCP
  • A few TS restaurants (including Space 220)

Things for some future trip, maybe:

• Keys to the Kingdom tour (or other tour)
  • Fireworks dessert party
  • Jollywood Nights
  • Several untried TS restaurants
  • Staying at WL, or maybe other resorts
4 Likes

Depending on the ages of your group, we’ve found making time for resort activities to be super-fun. (Animal Kingdom Lodge especially). Monorail resort lounge tour. Picking a “goal” for the trip (a fun one!) like any kind of “crawl” - could be try at least xx number of burgers or ice cream sundaes, etc – or riding a certain set of rides all in one day, just to try it – or one trip we tried to collect as many character autographs/photos as possible.

5 Likes

Oh, I really love the idea of renting one of the watercraft — this is a rare summer trip for me, so the timing is pretty perfect. How does it work? Do you drive the boat yourself? Or does a CM pilot and you just hang out?

1 Like

And we must be Disney twins, @drvillarejos, because LwtL is (tied with Tiki Room) my favorite thing in all of WDW! It’s a never-miss for us! :grinning:

3 Likes

I like the “challenge” idea, @PixiesnPirates! This summer trip is with my niece as a sort of pre-senior year last hurrah. She’s definitely a bit of an Insta-girlie so a character pic challenge might be exactly her thing!

This is why I love this forum — I’m already so much more excited for this trip just from reading through this thread!

5 Likes

You drive it yourself!

No reservations, just first come first served. Available at GF, Poly, and Contemporary for sure. Maybe WL too? Affordable. And a really neat way to see the resorts and MK area. Pack a lunch.

Oh also available, now that I’m remembering a Paging Mr Morrow video, at Yacht & Beach and you can boat over to the HS area. They packed up a nice brunch that morning and cruised around and at one point just floated for a bit. So check that out too

4 Likes

Have you done the tour? Behind the Seeds? It’s very reasonable. I think I paid $35 pp last year. It was about an hour and a half long but don’t quote me on that- just going off of memory. It’s very interesting and cool to be on the backside of things.

2 Likes

Having just done it it was exactly one hour. My date showed $45 but I had a DVC discount so I paid a bit less. I loved it and felt it was just right in terms of length and depth of information and a good value too.

1 Like

Have you done the Behind the Seeds tour yet? If not, you should!

1 Like

I have! And it was a complete blast — and really affordable too, which is always a pleasant surprise at Disney! I’m always recommending it to people!

4 Likes

Still not too bad- compared to other Disney prices.

1 Like

Some of my most memorable experiences have been miniature golf, actual golf, parasailing (could see every park’s icon), carriage ride, renting pontoon and surrey bike, behind the scenes tours. (Keys to the Kingdom, Secrets of World Showcase, Backstage Safari, Wild Africa Trek, Savor the Savana, Caring for Giants, Segway Tour around FW), Hoop De Doo Revue, Cirque (When it was La Nouba), the La Cava Experience, Mosaic Art at Coronado, Celebration at the Top, MNSSHP, MVMCP, FoArts, Flower and Garden, Festival of the Holidays, Food and Wine - I am certain I am forgetting something.

Things I still want to experience:
Fishing Excursion
Picnic on the hub grass
Train tour at WL/BR
Fireworks Cruise
Dessert Party
Behind the Seeds
Starlight Safari
Up Close with Rhinos
Candlelight Processional
Jollywood Nights
GF tea party (if it ever returns)
Mandara Spa
Cirque Drawn to Life
Aerophile Balloon
Amphicar ride
VIP Tour

4 Likes

Where did you do this?

From your list -
Surrey bike was fun!
HDDR is great - maybe my fam will give that a go again this next trip

I definitely want to do a Fireworks Cruise but I don’t know if I can get my fam on board. DS is nervous about watercraft during the day and so I’m not sure if I could get him on at night and DH will do whatever DS wants.

2 Likes

Contemporary. Not sure if they offer it anymore.

2 Likes

I did parasailing once in the Gulf of Mexico, but found it disappointingly boring. But parasailing at WDW, with all the views of the surrounding parks would be really cool!

3 Likes