What are the Nails on a Chalkboard Things that your Non-Disney Loving Friends and Relatives Say About WDW

This is his drawing of a redesigned Tomorrowland. What I love about it, is that the walkway has the visual focus of Space Mountain at the end of it. I also love the possibility of additional lands or an expansion of FL. I also like the idea of making the structures in TL more visually appealing than they are now (speaking of DLR) and adding more green. But it is a significantly smaller land in his vision.

Edited to add: This was pre SWGE.

1 Like

Oh! Yay! We are going OT here, too. My favorite.

I did NOT know about a planned Wall•E dark ride, but SIGN ME UP! But not if we have to sacrifice BLSRS. I think we should leave Buzz, but update his blasters. Do NOT get rid of Buzz. Can’t they find room for Wall•E over in DCA?

I thought the Marvel Meet and Greets were all in DCA? They were in 2018.

1 Like

What are you, Tony Stark?

3 Likes

Sorry! The Wall-e dark ride is just in someone’s imagination at this time. But I would love it too! I think @gingerSnaps543222 is talking about the large circular building that is now holding the Star Wars M&G’s. It’s very much wasted space.

1 Like

Rather than Wall-E (which I love as a movie, but think the idea of a dark-ride seems…boring)…why not a Wreck-it Ralph themed ride where you are INSIDE the video game, using cutting edge holography techniques (think the holograms used in ROTR, but amped up to the ride level).

6 Likes

Ha, I wish I had his net worth, and it would sure come in handy to have Jarvis, but no. Some experience with lasers in chemical analytical instrumentation in college and a previous job.

1 Like

TL needs a Slaughter Race dark ride.

Yes. And @sanstitre_has_left_the_building had nothing to do with this one, the painting, or the grilled cheese!

3 Likes

Ooooo Mystic Manor is a fantastic ride…did it twice in Hong Kong. I rode Tron in Shanghai 4 times I think so I would gladly give up Autopia for Tron as well. but since there will be a Tron in WDW I would very much vote for a Mystic Manor on this side of the globe.

1 Like

Also seeing how much space that is…get rid of it…I agree. That’s a lot of prime real estate. More dark rides please and thank you.

1 Like

Just the fact that there are two movies vs one might give it an advantage over Wall-E. I would be in favor, but it has to be different enough from the VOID VR experience at DS (I only know what my kids who did that described, because I did SW of course, which now that I think about it, I may have liked better than RotR because it’s set in the original trilogy).

2 Likes

I just went last Oct and they still had the old Carousel of Progress building as Marvel. For example Thor is in there but he wasn’t in DCA. DCA had Spiderman, Black Panther, Black Widow, etc but not Thor or Ironman which were both in Disneyland.

Edit: By last Oct I mean the last one it was open ha ha 2019.

1 Like

Oh heck yes! I loved the Wreck It Ralph at The Void. I’m so sad to see that didn’t work out. It was AMAZING!!! That and the Star Wars one…OMG. I have never experienced anything in my life like that…it was so real. Disney needs to get in on that now that their deal with The Void is over.

3 Likes

Oh - for sure @sanstitre_has_left_the_building is going to come back to the grilled cheese one and yell at us all for being idiots who don’t know anything about cheese. Or grills. Or something. :wink: And we will be happy to see him.

4 Likes

To me, if Buzz doesn’t belong in TL neither does Wreck It Ralph. I hate to think of video games as “tomorrow” but I’ve never been a fan. Man, that makes me sound like I’m 85!

3 Likes

Got it. When we went June 2018, Thor and Loki were walking around near the entrance to Hyperion. Black Widow and Black Panther were in a queue thing near Monster’s Inc. Cap and Spidey were in front of a giant shield near Hyperion. Dr. Strange was walking around near Monster’s.

I need DLR to open back up so I can take DD to meet Spidey. The one regret of that trip was to not prioritize meeting him. It broke her 12 yo. heart.

2 Likes

So I loved video games as a kid. My father (parents were divorced) bought me a nintendo for my 9th bday and my mom was so upset. I remember getting yelled at a lot “You’ve been on that thing for over an hour…go outside and play.” But as an adult I have tried to play games that I once loved (or their new versions) such as Kingdom Hearts and I just cannot get into them. So I’m no longer a gamer. However, the VR is different. It’s literally being inside the world. Every step you take, the smells, and even things you touch in real life coincide with what’s happening in front of your face. And when Vader comes into your face it’s downright terrifying like it’s really happening to you. I dragged my dad and step-mom in Vegas and I’d drag anyone else; I was blown away and would put it in the top experiences of my entire life.

3 Likes

LOL.

I just watched the two Ralph movies last month as I wrapped Cmas gifts. I liked them much more than I thought I would.

2 Likes

They used to have a Marvel character breakfast at Confisco Grill. Don’t they do one now at Cafe 4 or the Captain America restaurant (can’t remember the name) in IOA? You can always try for that one too if you go there first (well once they bring character meals back). I did the Confisco Grill one with the littles when they were actually little and somewhere I have the cutest pics. Spidey was very into character and jumped into the chair and had my 4 year old son throwing webs. Adorable. He’s a great character to meet with his wit.

1 Like

whoa. whoa. just whoa.
( :wink: )
I’m not sure they are legit over there. Kind of like the Spiderman who dances in front of Mann’s Chinese Theater?

(kidding - sort of. I think DD now 14 would not consider them her MCU friends)

But thank you for the suggestion. FL is much easier to get to.

1 Like