What advice would you give to someone doing WDW for the first time in 16 years?

No no. You must get breakfast. But you can schedule it for the last seating so that you can do an hour or two at rope drop first. Then go back with your belly full and your low-interest-in-characters opinion fully questioned.

3 Likes

Same —- correction: actually it’s already been 3 years…… what in the world!

1 Like

So I can have breakfast for lunch? That sounds doable.

I think you can schedule an 11:00 AM breakfast. It’s yummy. I would do breakfast over dinner there, although my traveling companions might beg to differ.

1 Like

I wasn’t looking for resto recommendations per se, but the Topolino’s discussion herein has me rethinking. I guess if there’s a restaurant you think we should actually plan around as an experience and not just yums (e.g. something like Space 220), I’d love to hear about it!

A few trips ago we quit the scheme of arriving an hour before offical opening to enter early to eat breakfast. ADRs were available at 8:05 am for an official 9 am opening. Folks without ADRs were held near the entrance. Folks finished eating before 9 am were held at points inside the park, with a head start.

The few trips ago as we were leaving Crystal Palace about 8:45 am I was horrified to see folks streaming toward the Castle. We immediately went to our first attraction which already had a wait of 45 minutes. Before 9 am.

Plan change up: we try to be at the park at least an hour before offical opening. And we now schedule breakfast ADRs for 10:30.

This photo really has no relevance to your situation. It’s from September 2019, supper at 1900 Park Fare. Lady Tremaine is telling DH what she wants for Christmas. Does DH care? Not a whit. To the rest of us it’s a cherished memory.

4 Likes

This has become our MO as well. None of us cares to eat a big meal as early as pre-RD anymore. But we ARE ready for a hearty breakfast by late morning having started our day off delightfully

2 Likes

2006 wasn’t 16 yea…oh. :unamused:

1 Like

Our family are avid WDW go-er’s, and we haven’t had little kids for a long time. We are adult Dis-nerds.

We live here, 20 minutes from the parks, and when our family and friends visit i see two big mistakes:

1. getting sunburned, because they want a tan, and don’t use sunscreen in the Florida sun.
  2. running frantically early in the day, and loosing steam by early evening, and wanting to end the day.

Open the parks, take it easy, slow down the pace, take an afternoon break, and save some energy to close the parks. You’re paying a lot of money for tickets. The parks after dark are a different experience then day time.

Staying at the Swan/Dolphin, on your Epcot and HS days, it will be very easy to take a short afternoon break back at the hotel.

Our typical day in the parks is about 18,000-20,000 steps. You’ll be exhausted after 7 days of that. Plan accordingly.

1 Like