What advice would you give to someone doing WDW for the first time in 16 years?

Tacking onto what @feep said: I was not keen on trying for character meets when doing an adults-only trip a few years ago at age 60. But then I saw the Fairy Godmother just standing there on the path with the railing on the west side of the castle. She seemed so approachable - and a peer (must be the gray hair). I just had to talk to her. That was the moment I let my inner child go - and had so much fun on my trip.

4 Likes

This. It’s absolute.

#2 almost is the opposite of #3.

Which combines to make #1.

2 + 3 = 1 Disney math

3 Likes

If you’re not super into character interactions, then the socially distanced characters may be right up your alley! I love to see Winnie the Pooh in the garden with his butterfly net! Way better than standing in line for a photo IMO. At DLR, you get a lot of characters just walking around and the socially distanced character interactions have that same spontaneous feel. I don’t go out of my way, but I love them all the same.

3 Likes

We’ll think about it, thanks!

I’m Type A when it comes to Disney but even I don’t plan that far in advance.

3 Likes

IDK someone recently posted a countdown pic that had them traveling in 2037

It happens!!

2 Likes

My hubby is not a theme park guy. I wouldn’t dream of dragging him to Disney.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t see Smell The Roses on the touring plans…

2 Likes

My mantra for dealing this will be YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT ON THE NEXT TRIP, and I won’t wait another 16 years for that.

3 Likes

Now you’ve gone and spoiled it :cry:

What do I know? I’m just a guy who portrays himself as Baymax in other people’s photos. Funny story though, my DS wasn’t impressed by the idea of the characters for this reason. By the time we left WDW he was all about the characters and had fully embraced the magic of Disney.

3 Likes

I had this exact same experience! January 2010.

I was thinking later, wow, so cool there’s a Fairy Godmother.

Now thinking maybe, just maybe, Disney recognizes our demographic?

But then I dearly love Mulan’s and Moana’s grandmothers as well as several of the women in Coco. :heart_eyes:

eta: I’d love a Fairy Godmother pin

4 Likes

Breakfast at Topolino’s! It’s amazing! The characters are just ancillary to the experience. The food is fantastic.

3 Likes

Lol was this my countdown picture? :joy:

1 Like

But … what about rope drop??

Mayyyyyybeeeee

1 Like

Look, if I want to have a trip planned out in 16 years, no one is going to stop me! :wink:

But if that said trip is actually in 236 days, I am not going to upset about that one bit!

2 Likes

Mid-day break? :grin:

Ah, so it doesn’t have to be breakfast? Everybody keeps going on about Topolino’s breakfast specifically!

The past 2 years since my last visit have felt like 16 years.

5 Likes