Well, we are one foot out

I went last week and had a very rough trip. Room was not great, sliding door broke and did not move us, and bathroom door could not close without sticking so bad, I had to shoulder thump it open. Couldn’t fix, wouldn’t move. Dvc rental studio.
Rude transportation drivers and plaid at epcot GS.
DH and I have decided to spend our money elsewhere after our March 2022 trip. We are DVC, so we will consider Vero or members cruise or maybe renting points.
We are going to cruise, and do a few other trips. I never thought we would be here…but the day has come. Charging people $5 for 20oz soda is crazy, prices have doubled and we can spend our money elsewhere!

4 Likes

I am sorry you had a crappy trip. I’m glad you have one more trip in the book so that maybe it will be better. That way even if you do decide you’re done, you get to end on a better note than this trip. :heart:

5 Likes

Great way to look at it…thanks. Will put the bar super low so kids(adults) are not disappointed. We will have a car so no Disney transportation and that will be an improvement

1 Like

We had a rough time with transportation on our last trip also. Many unfriendly drivers and drivers that either didn’t know how to deal with a wheelchair or didn’t care. We chalked it up staffing shortages and people new or afraid of getting sick.

1 Like

I am sorry you had a bad trip. It sounds like you have a good plan.

1 Like

Totally understandable. I think it does a lot of good for those of us that are “mega-fans” of the parks to skip a year or two to appreciate it. Plus, as much as I hate to say it… Disney really is not a good value right now. Staffing issues, missing experiences and a lack of bonuses for onsite guests are why I still haven’t gone back since 2018. I miss it, but until it’s “normal” and running smoother I’m just gonna keep saving my money.

6 Likes

Which resort was this?

1 Like

We stayed in a one bedroom at BCV and I was surprised how banged up the room looked. The bathroom door was almost impossible to close from the main bedroom. We also had a wet spot in the closet that never went away. Wifi was so bad that we used cell all week.

We paid with cash for the room (we aren’t DVC members), and to be totally fair I didn’t report these issues while we were there. (I didn’t feel like spending my vacation troubleshooting wifi issues - I did fill out the after stay survey with all these details.) The condition of the room definitely influenced me as to whether or not I would want to invest in DVC.

1 Like

On my quest to stay at each of the WDW resorts I must say that BCV was the most disappointing. It was also the one I was most excited to stay at. Furniture was all scratched up, paint was chipped throughout, it just felt odd. I was expecting more.

3 Likes

So much the same for us, too! I was looking forward to BCV but won’t ever go back there. A refurb would help with some of it, (closet door that didn’t work, leaking toilet, scrapes and dings on furniture) but we didn’t like the room location, we didn’t like the bus transportation.
I’ve been much happier at other DVC resorts.

3 Likes

Are the rooms on the hotel side of BC run down too?

We were at BC in a regular room in 2018 and it was nice. No issues with furniture damage etc. Although I think the rooms were slated for a recent refurb as well - like in 2021.

1 Like

:open_mouth: We stayed at BWV once and liked it and the location, but I thought the pool was nice but underwhelming. I always wanted to try BCV. My kids love a good pool, and it’s hard to beat being within walking distance to two parks. These posts have me second guessing BCV! Then again, I’m second guessing on site stays at the moment, too.

2 Likes

If you are looking for a good pool, try the Dolphin. We did the pool on our arrival day, it was great. Large, lots of different depths, waterfall, slide. Also ability to mobile order food and drinks poolside.
Great location and super comfortable beds.

2 Likes