Well they aren't going to strand me out there!

I’m updating my TP to account for the expanded hours.

Because of the expanded hours, I now want to arrive for an evening at AK at 4pm vs 3pm, giving us another whole hour to enjoy being at AKL-K in our Savanna view room

The software will not give me a touring plan: AK afternoon and evening

Although there is plenty of time for us to take the train over to Rafikis before the last Animation Experience at 445, the thing is stuck being literal.

Since the last AE is at 4:45, it will run until 5:15
The Wildlife Express return train “closes” at 5:15.
So the plan is stuck, telling me (I guess) that we will be stranded out there til morning (If only!!!)

I tried entering a break and removing the return trip, but if you go out there, you have to have the return trip in your plan.

So then I tried entering a break for the to AND from trip, but then it tells me I can’t do AE because I need to add both train trips to my plan.

How can I force this? I’m trying to figure out what other things I may be able to add to our evening, and this is really gumming up the works.

3 Likes

Hmmmmmm. Maybe just put a really big break in there to account for allllll the time dedicated to going out there?

2 Likes

Not ideal, but I guess that could work?

1 Like

I would just tell it you’re going out there earlier than you really are so that you’ll have time to get back on whatever it thinks is the last train. And put a break after the return trip if it has you back earlier than you think you’ll be. Again, not ideal, but :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

That’s a thought…

Is it crazy that I’m worried I’ll think the earlier time is the real time and will forget that I want to go later?

2 Likes

Not crazy! It’s hard to keep all this straight. I wish the software wasn’t wigging out. There are a few quirky scenarios like this that personalized plans have a hard time processing.

1 Like

i had to put in a big break for the same reason on our last trip…i can’t remember what i was trying to force but it wouldn’t budge…maybe put a note in there to remind you the real plan!!!

3 Likes

I guess that’s what I’ll have to do

The only trouble is I don’t think notes are visible on the app.

I will set a reminder in my phone: don’t go to AK til 4pm!! LOL

2 Likes

very awesome to have extra savana-view time! sitting on a balconey at AKL is basically my favorite thing to do!!!

3 Likes

I would totally do that. which makes both of us crazy it seems.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s more that it makes us women “of a certain age” :laughing:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

The notes are visible on the app!

I concur! Notes are on the app.

3 Likes

Oh good! Why did I have it in my head they weren’t? Was that before this latest iteration ??

Could be. I don’t remember them being there on earlier versions. Now all I need is the color coded map.

Can you add time for conservation station in between the train rides (just enough that it gets you to the return train on the timeline it thinks the train is running)? That would be a better signal that the time is for the animation experience. And it would have accurate walk times vs. a break that doesn’t seem to give accurate location info.

3 Likes

That’s a thought too. I did that but ended the break at 5:15. If I back that up a bit it might work

1 Like