Weekend crowds are back

Before we went to Orlando, I’d read enough stories about kids getting injured being run over by an ECV, that I made the rule that DD walked slightly ahead of one of us. Our adult ankles are tough.

Actually it ended up being DH first since he is good at navigating. Then DD, then me.

1 Like

Thats just awful!

I went to DLR with my sister In 2017. She ended up injuring her foot got an evc. I had offered numerous times to push her in a reg wheel chair, but she refused, citing that she didn’t want to impose on me. I repeatedly told her that I didn’t mind and that would help me burn extra calories (for extra snacks), but she ended up in the evc. It was a fiasco!

She got mad at me when she was behind 3 other evc and I yelled out “I think we got ourselves a convoy!” Then she took out a row of trash cans (in DCA, the bathrooms across from Soaring for those that have been) and got mad at me for laughing hysterically (seriously! Tear streaming down my face and couldn’t catch my breath). Some guy asked her how many she had had and I got stink eye for quickly saying 3. He quickly replied, “well there is your problem, you need at least two more to be able to operate those things.” Still, my sister was not amused.

After we went over to DL and it was super crowded and really hard to navigate on foot, never mind an evc. I opted to walk in front, to help create a path for me sister. We turned a corner where a CM asked me to stop, so I did and my sister slammed into me and I screamed. It took me by surprise, but then she yelled at me for stopping so I yelled back that I had too. I wasn’t mad (surprised, but not mad), until she yelled at me.

It was obvious that she was stressed out at DL in the evc and wanted to go back to DCA. A parade had just started, so I urged my sister to wait until after to avoid the severe congestion on Main Street, but she ignored me. I lost count of how many people she ankled checked. I do know that there was one couple she got repeatedly. After the third time she clipped them, they glared back at her, so she yelled at them. That was the first and only time I was glad to leave DL!

I think navigating an evc is far more difficult than most think, but as a driver, you have to be super careful.

2 Likes

This sounds like one of those days that’s hilarious in retrospect! :joy::joy::joy:

Also reminds me a little of pushing a double stroller. I have ankle checked a couple people. I try so hard not to but it is sometimes impossible to avoid.

1 Like

I found it hilarious then and now, my sister on the other hand will still not talk about it :joy:.

1 Like