Week Before Thanksgiving

I go week before thanksgiving, every year. Its always moderately full- never “slow”. I’m worried about no FPP. I wish they’d at least bring it back in a max pass format or something. My friend went in early september and it was really nice and not so crowded. She just got back from another trip last night and said it was a crazy difference in just one month. I’m guessing since they upped the capacity to 50%. They have to do something about the lines for rides soon.

2 Likes

looking like they are changing times again. Maybe it will help a little. I am worried about no fastpasses too. I am really worried about the RoTR and now they changed it so people are able to “practice”… that even sounds worse. I wonder why they didn’t change the Hollywood Studio hours.

How was the weather since you go yearly? I know it can change but what was last year like?

Really it’s 50%. Hmmm makes me reconsider going.

It’s HOT here right now. It was in the 90s today

Where did you see this? I hadn’t heard and a google search nets nothing.

My friend (who knows people in upper Disney circles) has said that WDW increased their capacity to 50 percent weeks ago (I think after Labor Day) and are working towards 75 percent right now. It’s only going to get more crowded as we get towards the end of 2020. They have been able to do it and successfully keep people spaced and in masks, but I am guessing the ride lines are going to get even longer, very soon.

1 Like

Bah yuk yuk yuk

I can’t blame them at all, especially with DL closed. They need as much income as possible right now. It sucks for those of us who want to go and not wait in line though. I’d still rather be there in line than at home staring at these same 4 walls. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve named my trip, “Everything’s Been Canceled, So Let’s Go to Disney World!” It will be a short trip, but at least I can say we’ve done something this year.

3 Likes

I hope you have a great visit! I took my kids for a week back in late July/early August, and the few people I told in real life could not believe it. Thought we were nuts. We had a great time (it was back during the everything is mostly walk in and the parks were empty), and I am so glad we went. I leave Tuesday for another trip, though the kids are staying home as they have school.

2 Likes

We’re going to Kona for breakfast tomorrow morning. No park cuz we avoid weekends there. But we will explore the resort and walk around a bit.

DS and I were in MK two weeks ago. Wait times were too long.

1 Like

Hope you have a great trip!

1 Like

Weather is the reason i love November, it’s in the upper 70s and lower 80s. I live in texas so it’s similar at home. No way i want to deal with anything over 85 degrees lol.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get a little nervous. Last year we did a 12 day Sat (Nov 16) to the Tuesday (11/26) before Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving was 11/28)… It was mild crowds, not very long waits, except we did see them build the 26th enough that my wife decided to leave AK after our FOP FP, and we hopped an earlier Magical Express to the airport.

This year, we’re doing Monday (11/16) to Saturday (11/21) with Thanksgiving being the 26th… hitting a park on each day (including our travel in and out days).

I keep seeing people talking more and more about increasing lines, now reading these posts about capacity increased to 50%, so I’m not sure what to expect. Fingers are crossed though!!

We are going the week before Thanksgiving also, haven’t been there before during that time but we are doing just the 5 weekdays 16-20 in the parks. Hoping for the best, I think with the tips shared in this forum we will be ok.i do think it will be important to arrive early and plan for low-key attractions or breaks midday, but I’m optimistic that it will still be a good time to go, definitely more so than the following week.

We are going that week too. I’ve actually heard of a lot of people going that week. Which makes me a little nervous. But I’m happy to see some other liners there!

We are out for next week. I was SO hoping to go, but Covid is getting a lot worse here and our kids schools just moved to online instead of in-person. That’s a lot to leave the grandparents with. I hope those of you who are still going have a great time! I will be cancelling lots of ADRs and park passes for 2 (HS on 11/16 and 11/20). If anyone is looking for something particular I am happy to try to coordinate dropping/pickup.

us too! We cancelled yesterday. My husband is a first responder and vacation has been taken off the books. Covid is hitting his department pretty bad right now. We re-booked for February. Hopefully things are better and we are able to go. Either way we are not telling the kids this time just incase we have to rebook. Sorry you had to cancel. It really sucks.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you had to cancel too. I was really looking forward to the Christmas atmosphere, as well as just a break in general. But I keep reminding myself of the potential benefits of the delay…maybe something new will open, or crowds will be better managed. Our next opportunity will likely be January or February also. Here’s hoping 2021 works out better!!

1 Like

We are going the week after Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if the crowds are similar to the week before Thanksgiving? That week is coming up and I would like to gauge the crowds. Never been Sept -Jan so I have nothing to compare it to.