Week before Christmas park day plan

We are planning to go to WDW Dec 19-24th because we are crazy and gluttons for punishment. We will try to snag Christmas party tickets if/when they go on sale.

Anyway - currently have reservations for CBR for Skyliner ease to HS and Epcot (trying to avoid the transfer plan from Pop/AoA). But I am trying to cobble together a DVC split stay. If you were me would you:

A: stay at a MK resort at the beginning of the week then transfer to an Epcot resort because MK will be busier closer to the actual holiday (this has the potential advantage of being able to keep CBR ressie for end of week if no DVC opens up).

B: stay at an Epcot resort at the beginning of the week then transfer to a MK resort because HS has been nuts and will be more crowded closer to the actual holiday.

C: Just stay at CBR and stop obsessing over this.

1 Like

A or C depending on your affinity for split stays. With SL access I still kind of consider CBR to be a boardwalk area hotel.

2 Likes

C.

There is currently zero full availability for any room type at any MK area DVC resort. So that’s out. And very very unlikely to come available.

You could try for it in the reverse (BWV currently has some availability for beginning) but the likelihood of MK area DVC resort opening at the end of your time is even less.

You’ve got a good situation going on here. Let it be.

2 Likes

Good point about CBR being a boardwalk resort these days. That’s why I picked it. We’ve never done a split stay before. Or a DVC stay. Or stayed at a moderate (we’ve done Deluxe and Value). Or a Christmas trip. Or a trip without FPP. Always a first to be had at Disney.

1 Like

There is currently a 2BR at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge (can’t remember which) for the first two nights. Who knows if it will be there in 2 days when the 7mo window opens. Yesterday there was a 1BR at BLT for those two nights. Today it’s gone. Probably going to take your sage advice and let it be.

1 Like

Funny it didn’t show up when I searched right before posting. It can be that dynamic, which just tells me how crazy it’s going to be. WL in any accommodation at Christmas Week is a tough find.

Good luck with your decision, in any case!

2 Likes

So in other words it’s going to be a great time either way. You should check rental sites for dedicated reservations during that time too if you really want a dvc stay.

2 Likes

Exactly! Great trip no matter what. Love that there are always “firsts”!

1 Like