Week after Memorial Day 2019

Given that Gay Pride Days are moving to August next year. What affect will it have on crowdlevels? I’m trying to decide between the week of the Tuesday after Memorial Day or the following week ( first week of June)?

I am not sure what if any effect that will have on CLs, but I do know the the scheduled gay days at DL will be in that first weekend in October, which I suspect will lend itself to much larger crowds.

From TP

Gay Days
WHAT IS IT? AN ANNUAL, UNOFFICIAL EVENT WHERE GAY, LESBIAN AND BISEXUAL GUESTS VISIT A PARK A DAY
Impact on wait times Modest impact
Impact on the park(s)/resort Gay Day-ers can be loud and proud but most guests won’t even notice the event is taking place
Tips & Tricks Gay Days rotate daily among the 4 parks, pick another park just in case the turnout is larger than expected

Doesn’t seem to have a huge impact… especially resort-wide. Extra crowds would likely be in the one park that is featured. I have gone during this time (and am going again next week) and have never really noticed a crowd impact.

1 Like

I noticed that weekend tends to have a larger cl on the tp calendar, and thought it was due to Gay days, but I may be wrong. Some have suggested that it may be due to the Columbus holiday. I didn’t think that would be why, since most schools in CA don’t get it off anymore. It maybe that other states still do? Not sure. The CL still looks a little higher than I would like. I am thinking I will stick with one of the weekends at the end of September.