Web Slingers Standby - Starts Today

For anyone going to DLR this week & after… Good news for anyone how hates getting BGs

WEB SLINGERS will move to a standby queue starting tomorrow morning. The virtual queue will still be used occasionally (based on crowds, demand, etc.) - but it sounds like standby will be the new default.

1 Like

It actually starts today.

1 Like

I looked up the wait times, and it looks like standby for Webslingers has averaged around 50 minutes posted on weekdays, 75 min on weekends. I assume actual waits are 15 min shorter than that, which would be in the range of the wait even with a BG, so maybe not too high a price to pay to be able to ride without having to worry about virtual queue?

3 Likes

Yeah… I really loathe the 7am lottery… I’d rather wait using my TP showing me the best SB queue time.

Of course… this will all be mute once DLR gets it G+ activated… :roll_eyes:

Blerg

Is this a safe assumption? Whose wait times are these - that would tell us the answer.

But I’m good at the virtual queue thing!!! :sob:

2 Likes

It’s posted wait times per the app. Thrill Data just mines the app for its data.

1 Like

So then that 15 mins less thing makes perfect sense.

I can live with 35-60 mins (though 60 is pushing it).

But I’m sure we are going to hear any minute that G+ will go live in the next 10 days.

1 Like

Here is the data from Touring Plans for November 5th, which is the only day that has a substantial number of submitted wait times. It looks like the submitted waits are like 10 min lower than the posted wait on average, though there are a couple that are off at volatile times. Notably, the wait for 3 out of 5 observations was under 40 minutes, and the other 2 were 45 and 50 minutes. I waited about 35 minutes with a boarding group.

2 Likes

Do you think they will roll it out on November 12th along with all of these Disney+ perks they announced today? Man, lucky ducks who already had a reservation and get in 30 mins early now!! It seems crappy that they will do that on one day for Disney+ subscribers but not for hotel guests anymore :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is that insider TA knowledge or just your instincts?? I’m waiting to see the reactions on the west coast. I don’t know if they’ll be more vocal or not because of their MaxPass experiences before G+.

1 Like

I think she is invoking Murphy’s Law. :wink:

2 Likes

As @Jeff_AZ says, it’s Murphy’s Law. I have a feeling it will drop right before or right at the start of my DLR trip.

I also thing Webslingers going away from BG to standby is a bit of a tip of the hand (based on ROTR here on the east coast)

2 Likes

I’d prefer 11/11 or 12 over 11/18.

2 Likes

In our (somewhat limited but still some experience) with the Webslingers BG’s if our BG was called back after 11am it was at least a 25 min. wait. And the couple of evening times we had were beyond 35 minutes. We did OK with the BG lottery, but I still prefer just the one BG (so keeping Rise as a BG) because my family loves both and it was truly a lottery to see if we could get a 7am one early enough to be able to also get a noon BG and we were about 50/50 on that mark, so we’ll happily standby Webslingers.

3 Likes

We rode Webslingers on Monday. The line was LONG at around 4:00 but we wanted to knock it out. We got right up to the pre preshow room and the ride went down. We had already waited over 45 minutes. It was brutal. Do you leave and waste that hour or stay and tough it out? We stayed and did ride but it was not what we hoped for. I canceled my timer as I didn’t want to skew the data.

I don’t know what the posted wait was, but our actual wait even if the ride hadn’t gone down would have been close to an hour or slightly longer. Probably not the best time of day to ride but worked best for us due to other plans.

4 Likes

I’m far more excited about the Spider-Man Stunt-tronic than the actual ride. I’m sure it’s fun, but at the end of the day it’s just another “shooting gallery” ride - IMHO. I’m definitely putting it in my plans, but probably as much as I put TSMM in there. (Which is in the same park?!!? :roll_eyes: )

3 Likes

The Stunt-tronic is awesome. My family loooooves both TSMM and Webslingers so we are excited that we are no longer limited to one ride per day on Webslingers just like TSMM. And yes… same park…but with hoppers you can easily segregate which days you get which arm workout :laughing:

4 Likes

Web Slingers opened their Single Rider queue today… Picture from Touring Plans Twitter

5 Likes