We’re doing this!

18 Likes

Congrats! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

14 Likes

Yay!

Did I tell you how jealous I am-today? Have fun!

19 Likes

love the droid! looks like such fun to design and put together. does the backpack come with it or is it an upgrade?

You have to pay extra. When we were there, they sold a “package” where you could buy the droid, the backpack, and I believe two personality chips at a slightly discounted rate. But put the total cost over my son’s planned budget, so he just got his droid and a personality chip.

1 Like

thanks, @ryan1! did you have any issues carrying it around the park after building without the backpack? and, now that you’re back from your trip, would you recommend it? do you think the experience and droid were worth the time and expense?

We got one personality chip with the package. He picked the smugglers one

We purposely held off on buying the droid until the end of the park day. They give you a box with a carrying handle, but it was a little awkward. But we knew this going in and brought with us a reusable shopping bag that fit the box nicely, which made it a tad easier to carry. Still, I had to swap out carrying it with my DS10 because it was a bit of an armful.

If you plan to use the Droid in the park (they will interact with the droids around SWGE…but we didn’t really have time to do this), you might want something like the backpack to carry it around after you are done but not ready to leave HS yet. It is a nice souvenir…but like I said, it was outside the amount my son could afford (we have given them some money to spend, plus they had saved their own money).

As far as was it worth it? Well, my DS10 absolutely LOVES his droid. And, well, certain older family members have been known to play around with it as well. Ahem. So, definitely.

Having said that, we did buy the droid when it was under the AP 30% discount!

2 Likes

Oh. It might have been just one. I’m not sure why I thought it was two! :slight_smile:

Doh! I did not realize the droids qualified for the AP discount! We would probably have ended up with one or two also. :confounded:

They did temporarily. The 30% AP discount through Aug. 14 applied to Droid Depot droids as well…but normally, AP discounts can’t be used on the droids.

Another bonus…with fewer people, the photopass photographers spend more time with you.

20 Likes

I’m loving another 1:1 parent-kid trip! Looks like you are having such a great time!!

1 Like

appreciate all of the information! glad the droid has found a good home! :grinning:

11 Likes

10 Likes