We pulled off the miracle trip

You know this person (virtually anyway :kissing_heart:). 5 of us—no positives and nobody sick!

7 Likes

I get that completely but will be sad not to meet you if you do cancel.

6 Likes

Don’t cancel! We have been back for 3 weeks now and none of got Covid on the trip. We did home tests about 5 days after our return. All negative.

8 Likes

No! We can both wear our N95s and be extra careful!

6 Likes

not cool. so, so sorry!

3 Likes

Same. :grimacing:

2 Likes

My younger sons did wear masks but I’m with you, even indoors it’s so hot in a mask. If you can do it I would wear one. For me, I am done with any months except January and February for Disney (and I will be masked lol)

1 Like

My family of 5 went to Disney the week before Memorial Day. None of us got Covid or even any illness at Disney.

My DD9 got Covid here at home a few weeks before our trip. The rest of us stayed negative. My DH tested positive for Covid on Friday night, most likely he got it from work or even around town.

For us WDW was not the problem. Doing our normal activities at home is the real risk!

5 Likes

This is what I keep saying. It’s not about your location. It’s about your habits and precautions. Are you vaccinated? Are you going out in public? Are you visiting with friends or allowing people from other households in your home? Are you going to work in an office? Do you wear an N-95?

The only thing different about Disney World is if you are dining indoors more often than you would at home (since you can’t eat with a mask on). If you are concerned about Covid, the number one thing you can do is to dine outdoors or in your hotel room.

2 Likes

Day three, Epcot day. Dh is sick and I spent the morning with him in the room while the others headed to the park. I went ahead and got us all GoG ILL and a Frozen g+ for the evening . I got dh comfortable and solo skylined to meet up with the group.
We had a late lunch at Connections. That place is awesome, so open and airy and bright. I do miss the Disney theming. The cheese pizza was so good, very flavorful. We then rode LwL twice so I could take pics of both sides and saw the Awesome Planet movie.
Then it was time for the big one!
I can’t tell you a thing about the ride because I kept my eyes closed and got majorly ill. Like wheelchair ride to First Aid ill. I know now that I had Covid on board, but it will be a while before I attempt GoG again lol.
So now both dh and I are in the room recovering when I received the proposal video. It’s grainy but so sweet. He did it while they were watching the spaceship Earth show. Somebody’s gotta tell me how to upload a video

7 Likes

Elsa’s hair is very green…

5 Likes

This is why I’m not interested in trying it.

1 Like

Yeah all my Frozen pics were creepy

4 Likes

Those eyes!!! Nightmare material.

5 Likes

Everyone tells me it’s because I closed my eyes

3 Likes

The worst thing to do when you feel seasickness is close your eyes. Truly.

3 Likes

My DH can’t close his eyes while moving in a vehicle of any sort, but it doesn’t bother me. I sometimes need to close my eyes to reorient myself to my position.

1 Like

Oh, no. I did notice CMs holding barf bags when we got off the ride.

3 Likes

Day four, last day, AK park

Yeah, no, dh and I were both feeling better but knew better than to try and do anything in the hottest park on Earth lol. The rest of the group went and we said we may meet up with them that evening at MK. Then I got to thinking and realized that in order to park hop you have to scan in to your original park. Sigh. So we told the group to meet up with us at Rainforest Cafe for lunch.

I had the Turkey wrap because I wanted something light. That thing was the bomb! I could only eat half and was dreaming about eating the rest all day but dh let one of our boys carry the bag with leftovers and anyone with boys knows that food never made it out of the bus depot :frowning:
Continuing with the theme of this trip, our oldest had a reaction to something he ate and turned beet red and covered in hives. Thank goodness the Pop store had Benadryl but it meant he was down for the count. The rest of the group did make it to MK and even caught fireworks from SWSD…that’s why they are pointing lol

Y’all know the ending. Turns out the whole car got Covid on the ride home…ds is battling on my couch right now and my sil is helping dn through it. They are both 32yo bachelors so even a sick Mom is a better option than no one lol.

We did have a few special Disney moments on this trip. One time our bus all sang together to Sweet Caroline playing on the speaker (bah, bah, bah.) Dsgf was wearing her birthday button and a little girl approached her and showed her button, too. She didn’t speak English but she got a park map from her dad and pointed to the Dumbo play area…she wanted to play with dsgf! It was adorable. Two of my ds went to a concert at Disney Springs and it went so late they missed the last bus. They flagged down a CM who told them to sit tight and he ordered a bus just for them! I don’t think Disney executives will ever understand what Walt knew to be true…that they don’t make Disney World great, the cm and everyday people do.

June trip advice: umbrellas and neck fans are game changers. Trust me on this.

9 Likes

I’m sorry your trip turned out that way! Thanks for sharing it with us though. Great pics.

3 Likes