“We need a little Christmas!” Trip report

Yesterday was great at Epcot. Was too worn out by the time we got home to post, so a little late here.

Started off with an early entry Spaceship Earth to thank the Phoenicians. Then we went to our Guardians VQ with our BG 24. It’s weird, usually DH and I have about the same motion sensitivity. Guardians doesn’t bother me at all, but it made him feel a little wonky, so he let me do our ILL (which was right after) by myself, then I took his MB and rode for his. So I got three rides back to back, which was a blast for me.

After that we headed over to Soarin…

Grabbed some Kalua Pork from Melekelikimaka and a sparkling pineapple wine. Pork was great, wine was a little too sweet, and DH said the beer was a bit too fruity-forward.

We were able to snag a table at La Cava, which shocked me considering the crowds. Horchata margarita and Jitomate for the win!

It was the first day for the new DuckTales adventure game, so we decided to give it a try. It’s cute, uses a lot of the same effects that Perry used, but was a fun thing to do with the crowds as they were.

Caught the Barn Santa show as going through Norway, which was adorable. Then made our way around - watched musicians in China, had some German beer, laughed with Sergio in Italy, some great sake and noodles in Japan, then decided to pop out of IG to tour the lobbies of BC, YC, and Boardwalk.

After a break on the boardwalk for a snack and drink, we rode FEA and then it was time for our Rose & Crown dinner, which was delicious as always.

A quick tour through the Seas to see Lil Joe and Lou, then a tour through Living with the Land with the special lighting, which was gorgeous!

Then finally to Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris. This was my first time to see CP, and it exceeded all expectations. NPH was uniquely himself, and was amazing. What a fantastic end to the day!

Headed out for a late start at MK now!

17 Likes

We got so much more done at MK than I expected today… while still managing to be a relaxed day. We decided we didn’t need to rope drop, and the crowds were insane, but just worked out well around.

Started with Buzz, like we always do. The ride stopped while we were in a strategic place, so we both got Galactic Hero!

Next on Peoplemover, we got to see Space with the lights on, and waved to some unfortunate folk who were stranded on the initial incline. Then to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, which was a blast.

Headed over to Jingle Cruise, we found a short line for the spring rolls so I finally got to try these, and wow, my new favorite snack!

Jingle Cruise was awesome… getting completely new bits cracked us up, and Skipper Caitlin’s timing was perfect. Then we visited the Tiki room and sang with the birdies, until time for our Jungle Skipper Canteen Lunch.

Hanger Steak, Lamb Chops, and a few drinks in, (and cheese bread of course), then we were ready to move on. Delish!

Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, and wandering Main Street, and we then decided to escape the crowds for a while and we took the path to Grand Floridian to visit The Enchanted Rose. Aura In Me and a French Rose made for a lovely late afternoon.

Then back for one last ride on Splash before the refurb. I have some really great memories of not only the ride but Brer Rabbit stories with my dad, who isn’t doing great health-wise, so I got a little emotional with this one.

Quick spin on Dumbo, dinner at Pecos Bill, Carousel of Progress, then time for Enchantment and the dessert party. As I mentioned, I’d never gotten to really see Enchantment, and, despite negative reviews going in, I absolutely loved it. I teared up on the Moana section. Loved loved loved it. And Tink flew!

Dessert party was yummy except for the weird blueberry push pop thingy. The peppermint marshmallow was incredible.

Final thoughts… I’m glad I got to come at Christmas to see everything, but I don’t know that I’d come this close to Christmas again due to the crowds. Other times of year seem much more relaxed to me, but it was magical.

See ya real soon!

16 Likes

Love this report!

2 Likes