We had to Duck out

Okay it worked last time so I’m reviving the thread to see if works again. I’m trying to add a park day and move it up to the 26th so we can see the MK holidays parade, fireworks, stage show on checkin day since we get in at noon. And it won’t let me. I get all the way thru and We Had to Duck Out on all the browsers, incognito modes, the app, etc. And there is plenty of reservation availability. WTF? Two years have gone by and Disney still has sh!t tech. Hoping if I vent here again it resolves itself :wink:

Last year I tried to extend my tickets (with G+ incl) and got the same error message online. I had to call to get it resolved.

1 Like
  1. Your low battery in the screenshot gave me a spike of anxiety that I could only talk myself down from by realizing it was 2 years ago and you have probably recharged since.

2. Trying to do something similar recently did end up in a defeated phone call (where it was quickly resolved) even though I could successfully modify a bunch of other things including taking a person off and adding a day to the ticket with the same start date. So possibly faster to call for you too.

2 Likes
  1. Your low battery in the screenshot gave me a spike of anxiety that I could only talk myself down from by realizing it was 2 years ago and you have probably recharged since.

LOL Yeah, I live on the edge but I also own multiple iWalks (which I love) because unlike other portable chargers that may be able to charge your phone twice (and I have never needed that much) these babies fit so nicely into your phone and you can still use it. There is no dangly wire. So rest assured if I get to 1% those go in LMAO.

Also I think I have new phone since then!!!

2 Likes

I’m trying this now in pieces. I’m just gonna try adding a day, then try changing the date. I’m really trying to avoid the long call. Are they better now? They really did used to be 2 hour ordeals.

1 Like

Yeah I can’t even pay them for an extra day. Why don’t they like money?

Nor can I just change dates. Maybe if I cancel my park reservation first

It took me about 15 mins. Wasn’t long at all, but it had to go to “level 2”.

1 Like

Yup cancelling the park res didn’t work either. Sigh. They are a mess!

Okay I could just change mine by itself. It’s hubby’s I can’t seem to change!

What kind of reservation do you have? And what are the current dates?

I have leftover 1 day park tickets from last year. I have other tickets too but the ones I’m trying to change were the 1-day tickets. It was currently for Epcot on 12/27 and I wanted to add MK for checkin day of 12/26. I was able to for myself, just not hubby. I am wondering if it’s because that ticket was originally assigned to my friend last year but when I had to cancel, I reassigned it to hubby so maybe reassigned tickets you can’t modify again but the links are all there online and it lets you get all the way thru until the duck out message?

PS The reason I’m trying to modify these and not my other tickets that are part of my package is because I used a TA (which I honestly don’t want to do anymore for reasons like this). I don’t want to bother him for this addition. I make tons of changes all the time and not being able to do them myself is frustrating to me.

I have a feeling you’re going to have call.

1 Like

I just use fuel rods and the dangly aspect is super annoying so I may take your recommendation to heart!

But my overall phone time was not long at all. I get trying to power through it online but in this case it was the way to go for sure.

Just in case:
Amazon.com: iWALK Small USB C Portable Charger, 4500mAh Portable Phone Charger for Android, Power Bank Battery Pack Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra/S22/Z Flip5/Z Flip4/Note/Moto/LG/Google Pixel, Black : Cell Phones & Accessories

BTW the issue was the DH has his own account so I have to stupidly change his tickets over there even though I’m the one who booked them via my account in the first place and it’s coordinates with my plans. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Do you mean he has his own account and you also have a profile for him managed by you? That will cause continued problems unless you get the duplicate one deleted.

Glad you got it sorted though.

1 Like

Nope. I did sort that. Initially I had a profile for him but when we did SWGS he had to have his own full fledged account so he could choose a different path than me. Which he very much did and was very secretive about lol. So at that time I deleted my version and made him an actual Disney account and then made us friends and family. But apparently in these situations even if you are the person to buy someone’s ticket and assign it to them. Only they can modify it like add days etc online. So I just had to get him to tell me his password cuz he changed it from what i originally set it to cuz he has no trust like George with his ATM code on Seinfeld! Lol.

1 Like