WDW veteran with one day to visit - any advice

We are based in the UK, but my daughter is starting a year at the University of Arizona in august and we can sneak in one day (I know this isn’t enough, but it’s all the time we have) at Disneyland as we travel to Tucson. We have been to WDW lots of times and I went to Disneyland about 25 years ago. Any advice on how to make the best use of the day is much appreciated

2 Likes

Park hoppers and Maxpass is my best advice.

2 Likes

Park hoppers, max pass, and be there for rope drop! I think you can actually get a lot done in one day. Also, utilize single rider for some of the big rides. Just have to figure out which things are your “must-do’s” and make sure you get those in.

2 Likes

Yes! This! Also, Depending on your budget, if you can swing staying on site, you will get early early entry to one of the parks (it will depend on which day you go which park you get early access to). If it is not in the budget you will still be fine, but EE would put you over the top!

1 Like

Hope she enjoys her time there! Is this her first year or has she lived here before? I promise people like living in Arizona after they get through their first summer. Today it was only 114 degrees in Phoenix! :wink: (Tucson is a bit cooler.)

I second all the advice above. Make a custom TP with the rides you want to hit and you will probably get through more than you’d expect. I feel much more productive at DLR than WDW.

1 Like

parkhopper, maxpass, and start early. you can do much more in a single day. and don’t automatically skip the duplicate rides, most are better. Especially Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Pirates, IASW. Plus Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Soarin (over California), Guardians, Radiator Springs Racers. That will take big chunk of your day right there, LOL. But it is possible…

1 Like

I lived in AZ for over a year and I loved it. Even though it is obviously hot, it is accommodated much better than where I live now (central CA) and we are no strangers to 100+ degrees. Not to mention you are rewarded with mild winters, while we have much colder winters here. We joke that we get 2 weeks of Spring and 2 weeks of fall. Several members of my family still live there.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated - it’s my daughter’s first time living outside the UK so it will be an adventure for her. She is excited and nervous, but I expect she will have a great time

3 Likes

Make sure you understand max pass. It is the coolest thing ever.

I’d probably rope drop Fantasyland but max pass RSR for 11:30 or later.

2 Likes