WDW Vacation Club Properties - Additional Adult Charges

I originally booked our reservation for the Boardwalk Villa Studios for two adults through the Chase Disney Visa Card Room Only Discount in October 2018. I called again in December 2018 to add a third adult and was charged an additional per room night fee for the third adult.

Your book advised that DVC properties did not charge a fee for additional adults beyond two in a room.

When I called to question that, I received conflicting answers. I requested to speak to a supervisor who reiterated that a 3rd adult resulted in an additional fee per night, and that my source was indeed unofficial. However he did say that he would look for another discount to lower my room rate, and came back with a rate that was cheaper than my original two persona rate. So please check your sources regarding DVC room rates (he said one or two bedroom villas did not charge an additional fee for adults, but studios do).

It worked out okay for us in the end, but please check on this for future editions.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the policy when booking direct as a consumer.

If you’re booking with DVC points - either your own or through a broker of one sort or another - the additional adult fee does not apply.

In either case, you’ve posted here to a user message board. If you’d like to share your feedback may I direct you here:

https://www.menasharidge.com/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

The only exceptions to extra charges has been Disney Deluxe Villas and Art of Animation family suites. I have booked a DVC room for cash through Disney and was not charged. I know others have also. This was quite common for awhile when the Poly Studios had a lot of available rooms.

1 Like

I did just check. It is now adding the extra fee. It looks like they are changed it.

Interesting. This is a change. My family of 5 adults (all over 18) stayed at AoA family suites in June 2017 and did not incur additional adult charges.

Also, I looked at rates for 2 adults vs 4 adults in Deluxe Villa Studios in 2018 and did not see any extra adult charges.

I did not check AoA but I just looked again at SSR. This is one night in September for two adults

Interesting, this is the same date but for three adults:

2 Likes