WDW to present phased reopening plans tomorrow 5/27

My two cents:

I got emotional when they were talking about all the things that would not be happening: I expected fireworks, parades, and meet and greets, but I forgot about children’s play areas and splash pad areas. The reservation system kinda made me :scream:.

Social distancing squad made me laugh. I’m sure they’ll be awesome!!! I can’t wait to see them in action! Well, kinda. Because if they’re in action that means people aren’t following the rules. But I think we all know that’s kinda inevitable.

I’ll probably wait for those first trip reports from Liners to decide for sure, but as of right now, I’m thinking I want to go through with my trip in November. In a very privileged mind set, my thoughts are that this is a historical time at WDW that (hopefully) may not be repeated and I want to experience it for myself. I also think that it will make me appreciate a trip that much more, in the far distant future, where maybe all these protocols aren’t necessary anymore.

I don’t think, don’t know, that things will ever go back to normal, but I am confident they will get less restrictive as time passes once COVID is a more distant memory. So, I think it’ll be cool to have a November 2020 trip to compare it to.

Now to work on the 2 year old wearing a mask…

Did they say anything about resorts? I missed some of it.

2 Likes

didn’t hear anything about resorts but I may have missed it.

I’m going to keep my resort and park reservations up. I’ll be there the first week but it’s not like Universal and Seaworld aren’t opening a month earlier.

1 Like

Did not say anything about resorts, water parks, or pools.

2 Likes

I see why you would assume that, however Discovery cove is opening. All of the doctors came out and said no evidence of the virus traveling through water. All other pools are allowed to open. I assume pools WILL be open and water parks WILL be open just not the water features located INSIDE the parks due to gatherings of people that would make distancing hard. I’m just annoyed that they didn’t make ANY mention of water parks or when RESORTS will open.

uhg:sweat::sob::sob::sob: It just makes me want to cry, to not know.

2 Likes

I have sooo many questions! My guess would be that we will be hearing a lot more info over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed for a recovery offer for those cancelled in June and first part of July. :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

Didn’t hear anything about resorts, water parks or pools either. I like their phrasing: Launch~Learn~Adjust… this is smart :wink: Here’s the link for the recording if anyone wants to watch/listen: Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force Meeting | Full Task Force | May 27, 2020 - YouTube

2 Likes

We are supposed to go July 16 and I’m pretty sure that’s not happening. So many questions about the reservation system and resorts/pools and the water parks. I bought the stupid PH-Plus just to do the water parks this time… Can’t wait to read the full summary, I tried to watch the presentation but that was a long slog.

First day of our trip is July 31; we also bought hoppers and are staying onsite. We will be canceling, but I don’t have the heart to do it today.

2 Likes

I am wondering if they may not have resorts open initially? I mean if there is a reservation system, why would I stay on property if I may not even get to attend the parks? Also, I am super eager to hear about FPP and how that works with the reservation system.

2 Likes

I’m keeping my November/December vacation as of now, but I’ll be watching to see how the guidelines morph over time. Unfortunately, Southwest drops November airfares tomorrow, so I’m going to have to commit to a trip if not this year, than next year to use any credits up.
I actually don’t care about parades or fireworks, but I’m really hoping character interactions comes back at least in some form by then.

It’ll be an interesting memory at least to look back and remember.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to bet there won’t be any fpp in the beginning. With crowds so restricted, it may not be a big deal.

1 Like

100% same here. The reservation system makes me nervous with hopping. If we cant hop I would except a huge refund. Also, what about having ADR’s at multiple parks for 1 day? I assume the reservation system would trump an ADR but that would make it so unfair if they denied us access-to lets say HS for a droid depot adr- because we were unable to secure a HS reservation

2 Likes

Can someone walk us (me) through the park hopping thing? I didn’t listen to the broadcast and am curious if anything was said and how it’s going to be handled.

based on what i’ve already seen, what i’m hoping is you just make reservations throughout the day (kinda like FPP) for different parks. Hit AK in the morning, then reserve Epcot for lunch, then reserve HK for evening, and MK at night.

But how does that tie into ADRs? And further…what happens if all reservations are full, no matter what park you’re going to? Are you then stuck in the hotel for the day?

Exactly how I feel! I need way more info on this reservation system.

For all you Annual Pass holders, WDW closed on March 16th and will re-open on July 11th.

By my count that is 117 days. So we get to add this number of days to the expiration date of the pass, I guess.

4 Likes

So, nothing specific was said at all about park hopping. All they said was that they would be implementing a park reservation system of some sort. What you’re reading here is speculation based on the little that was said.

1 Like

imma gettin’ a refund for roughly $400.

awesome, ok, thanks

2 Likes

I’m not cancelling my resort reservation yet cause they did mention transportation will be running, although in a limited capacity. Doesn’t mean resorts will be open but could be a sign that they will but at limited capacity as well. Especially with mobile check in enforced.

1 Like

Talk about yer Enhanced Protective measures
Is it just me or is that mask covering the eyes as well…

2 Likes

I’m assuming the resorts will be closed. I rented DVC points for June 21 and I’m hoping this will allow me to reschedule.

1 Like