WDW Resort Reservations Down Nov 18 and 19

Just saw this announcement on the WDW website:

On November 18 and 19, we will be unable to make new Resort hotel reservations online or over the phone. You will still be able to purchase tickets, book dining reservations and make FastPass+ selections. We apologize for any inconvenience while we work to improve your future experience.

Sharing this on chat? There will be much wailing and flailing. I think this will be most appreciated there!

1 Like

I’m hoping this is because of Rivers of Light!

I rarely even look at Chat anymore. Because of all the wailing and flailing.

2 Likes

LOL :joy: I’d love this to be true.

Maybe the whole of reservations section have been invited to AK for a special showing of ROL!

I am thinking/hoping that they will need the people who usually handle hotel reservations to handle the flood of ROL reservations that could happen tomorrow. :grinning:

I have seen nothing on the “insider” boards that come evencloseto confirming that there will be any public showings of ROL that weekend. There IS a D23 event for that entire weekend, so maybe that explains the lack of reservations available. For what it’s worth, I just checked Trivago, and it looks they have no reservations at any WDW resorts for that weekend either…

Yeah, that explains the no availability then. But why can you not make ANY reservations on those 2 days? Like you can’t phone and book a stay for next summer.

But those rumours have been around since the schedule for D23 was released, and in any case it’s fun to speculate!

Any chance this has more to do with cast member appreciation activities than anything else? Last night they had an event at MK. I would think with the size of the cast member force there would need to be more than one event to capture everyone.

I don’t think that this has anything to do with something going on at the parks today or tomorrow. They appear to be upgrading their reservation system, so they are taking it down for all reservations while they do it. This probably affects all third-party vendors like Expedia who use the WDW APIs to access the reservation system, except for the consolidators who have already bulk purchased rooms and then sell them off.

1 Like

Maybe it’s over night and a system upgrade? I just made a reservation about an hour ago. I had a CM on the line who confirmed that the reservation went through and then she cancelled my old reservation. So I guess on Monday, I’d better check it all out and make sure I have that reservation still.

They recently updated their message:
Starting on November 18 at 4:00 PM Eastern and continuing through November 19, we will be unable to make new Resort hotel reservations online or over the phone. You will still be able to purchase tickets, book dining reservations and make FastPass+ selections. We apologize for any inconvenience while we work to improve your future experience.

So I guess they delayed the start of the system downtime. Probably because of the wailing and flailing on Chat. :wink:

2 Likes

Phew! Thanks for the update.

Yes everyone knows the impact the wailing and flailing has on gen ops :wink:

LMAO