WDW Online check in vs TP room request

There are old threads about TP room requests and online check in. How does this all work in 2022? Is the TP room request still the best method? Should I call my requests in? Is the WDW online check in any good as far as getting requests filled?

I do online, TP request, and call and ask for a CM to put notes into my reservation. But I also have ended up going to the front desk to ask for a new room assignment after receiving my room assignment alert too. It all depends on how much it matters to you. I don’t feel like I ever really get what I ask for w/ TP room requests. I get the best results, if I want something particular, by going to the hotel desk, at checkin, in person and asking nicely for what I want.

5 Likes

We will be in a King - Nature View room at WL. It seems like that already narrows down where our room will be, and I’m not sure I’m that picky about which exact room we get. Don’t all these rooms face the cabins/lake side of the building? That is what it looked like when I browsed the TP room finder. I was considering giving them a mid day arrival time in case we can get into a room before 3:00. My 1st request would be to have a room that is ready around 1:00. My 2nd request would be a quiet room. We’ve never stayed at WL.

If you want a room before checkin time then you can’t be picky about room assignment.

I’ve not stayed there but it sounds like the situation at the poly where all park view rooms are only in one building but not all rooms are created equal. We got a room w/ a big palm in front of our balcony that obstructed our view :angry:

I don’t know the answer to this, but TP finder is pretty good at narrowing it down

1 Like

@vcka said it best.

The one thing that is the hardest is “quiet room”. Sadly, that is pretty much entirely dependent on who is in the rooms around you. What is quiet one day could have a screaming infant - or someone who doesn’t have an inside voice, a surly teen who yells at their family, etc. (probably safe from a SATG in a Deluxe) - check in the next day. It’s not really something that an assigner can know in advance. (Even if a baby is in a party checking in, they could be super quiet, for example.)

3 Likes

The last time I requested a room in the Pop Century 60’s building because it was close to the lobby and not far from the Skyliner. When we got their and did the direct to room thing we couldn’t have got farther from our request. Went to talk to a CM and was told to aways come to the desk to make sure you get as close as possible to what you requested. Was told Housekeeping barely looks at on-line request if at all. We are older so the walk last time was kind of long but we excepted what we got because our luggage was already in the room. Two week stay but we made do. Now I have requested the 60’s building again for our Sept. trip. I will however contact the desk to get what we want. I have yet to even get close to what was requested.

3 Likes

We used TP room request form, followed all the tips and got nothing like what we requested. My DH called the front desk and someone very helpful offered to change our room after the first night to what we had requested. But then we decided we liked where we were and stayed put.

2 Likes

But I also have ended up going to the front desk to ask for a new room assignment after receiving my room assignment alert too. It all depends on how much it matters to you. I don’t feel like I ever really get what I ask for w/ TP room requests. I get the best results, if I want something particular, by going to the hotel desk, at checkin, in person and asking nicely for what I want.
[/quote]

Thanks. I knew that the best way would probably be going to the front desk to check in. We only have 2 nights so we won’t be in the room much, so I’m not too worried about which one we get.

This was my next question: if you go to the room you are assigned through online check in and don’t like it for some reason, if you can go back to the desk and get a room change. Good to know they will move you if needed.

Thanks everyone!

(ETA: First time trying to quote/reply here, sorry for messing that up.)

Yes, we did this at BLT. We had a theme park view but the way the bldg. is curved only one side gets you a theme park view w/o having to lean over the rail or cram into a corner. They did move us to another room asking if we had touched anything in the room. We had just gone on the balcony and were annoyed