WDW editing fake masks onto maskless riders in photos

I don’t know if this is true…it almost doesn’t ring true, but it’s very intriguing.

1 Like

I read this on another source. I think its in the works! A couple of my ride photos havent showed up yet, interestingly its rides with other people. Ill keep you posted if they show up with fake masks on ppl.
Edit: still not there, 5+ days later. We arent going to buy them so no biggie but I swiped everywhere I could… just in case.

1 Like

I’ve seen an article with an example of it on allears. I think I read it’s only currently happening on Dinosaur and Buzz Lightyear at the moment.

If it doesn’t show then you need to phone the Photopass people and ask if there’s any way you could get the photo with the offenders “Mickeyed out”.

Someone here did that and got their photo. And so when someone over on WDWMagic had the same problem, I suggested she did the same. And she got her ride photos (that was ToT).

They literally just photoshopped a Mickey head onto the other people.

5 Likes

That actually sounds brilliant! They should do that as standard instead of the masks!

6 Likes

THAT is the best solution.
Dumb people get erased.

2 Likes

As I understand it, they are ONLY doing it if it appears the mask came off accidentally (or a small child who theoretically “can’t help it” took theirs off). NOT if an adult clearly willingly removed theirs.

1 Like

Wait so someone is actually going through all the photos? Or maybe just the ones flagged maskless…?

I assumed it’s software picking out the unmasked, but its impossible for AI to pick up whether it’s intentional or unintentional

2 Likes

I think if you call and plead your case they might sprinkle a little pixie dust.

The two cases I know of were both other (unrelated) adults who didn’t have masks on. They were “Mickeyed out” so that the person who called could get the photos.

The person over on WDWMagic was riding ToT with her 5yo daughter for the first time. Now she has the photo to prove it and display alongside her brothers’ first photos. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

There is some way that they are scanned because if someone is making an inappropriate gesture, holds up an inappropriate sign, flashes the camera, etc. that photo becomes unavailable for everyone.

1 Like

I wish this happened in real life :laughing:

1 Like

So now I’ve seen an article saying they’re going to stop doing it. Too bad, I think it was a good idea.

1 Like