Wave Breakfast ADR Question

Howdy folks! Would love your thoughts on check-in/arrival time for a 7:40 adr at The Wave.

We have a 7:40 am adr at Wave on our MK day. We arrive to MCO late the night before and will crash at a nearby hotel. We’ll have a rental a car so we plan to drive to CR, eat at Wave, spend the morning at MK then leave around 1:30 pm for a late lunch at Homecomin’. If we get room ready text we may check-in (AKL) and return to MK around 5 pm or hit one of the AKL pools depending on early December weather.

Context aside, my question is this: for the 7:40 adr how early can we arrive and be seated? Trying to time when to depart our MCO hotel that morning. It will be a Sunday morning so assuming traffic will be manageable. I’d like to be seated earlier if possible so was kind of thinking of arriving around 7:15 am with hopes of early seating. What time would you recommend departing from the MCO area? I am thinking we will be on the road by 6:30 am and hope to get into Wave a little early. What are your thoughts?

We ate there last Friday with a 7:40 ADR as well. I took a pic from the parking lot at 7:19. We were not seated until 7:30 with the other parties that had arrived (No one was seated before that). We had our food by 7:42. I would leave MCO area by 6:30-6:40 but you likely won’t be seated until 7:30 when they open.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you so much! I think I saw in my searching that its OK to leave our car at CR after breakfast while we go into MK, is that correct? I was also planning to do that later in the week at Yacht Club for A&C 7 am adr then walk to DHS.

1 Like

Yes, you can leave your car all day. I like to park as close to the MK walkway as possible. We left the car all day (and do every trip). We also ate at Trattoria at the Boardwalk last Thursday 7:30 ADR and we were the only ones there at 7:20. Left car there all day as well.

2 Likes

This is great to know, thank you! One more question for you: we have B&C adr in the afternoon the same day we have our A&C breakfast. Can we use skyliner from DHS to get to B&C or should we walk?

Yes you can take the Skyliner. You will have to get off at Caribbean Beach and get on the other line that goes to Riviera and Epcot. It’s an easy trip and gives great views. You can walk back in roughly the same time, but the Skyliner will save your feet.

3 Likes

Fantastic!! Thank you so much @Wahoohokie… from a fellow Virginian :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome.

I wish I still lived in Virginia, if so I wouldn’t be dealing with this today:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Snow in October is no good. We live in WA now.

2 Likes

Oh wow! We, too, are no longer in VA but it will always be home. Now in West Tennessee, although I wouldn’t mind a little snow occasionally!

2 Likes

Yes it is!

1 Like

Wowza! :flushed:

Aren’t you glad you live on the other side of the state? :smile: The weather forecast shows it continuing all day and evening, and overnight. I am over it already! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes! But am already missing warm Florida. (Waiting to board our flight.)

2 Likes

I will just throw in my word of warning for the OP.

Parking at a resort for an ADR is supposed to be for the duration of the ADR. People do park and stay and mostly get away with it. However when I stayed at Bay Lake I did see cars being towed from the Contemporary during Christmas week.

YMMV of course.

3 Likes

Thank you for this! Good to know.