Walt Disney Biography on PBS

Saw this announcement during my lunch break today. This will be on my must-see list, but it looks like we will have to wait until 2015.
PBS chief Paula Kerger this morning made a slew of announcements from TCA Summer Press Tour 2014:
American Experience will debut Walt Disney in the fall of ā€™15. The four-hour, two-night film will explore the life and the legacy of Disney. Directed and produced by Sarah Colt (Henry Ford, RFK) and written by Mark Zwonitzer (JFK, Triangle Fire), the film will feature rare archival footage from the Disney vaults, scenes from Disney films, interviews with animators and artists who worked on Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs and people who helped design Disneyland. In 1966, the year Walt Disney died, 240 million people saw a Disney movie, 100 million tuned in weekly to a Disney television program, 80 million bought Disney merchandise, and nearly 7 million visited Disneyland.

5 Likes

Ohhh that sounds like it would be awesome!

Interesting! Iā€™d like to see this. I hope someone posts a heads-up here when the show is about to air.

A must see for sure.