Walking to SpringHill Suites or Residence Inn

How long does it take to walk to either the SpringHill Suites or Residence Inn Maingate? Is it safe? We will have strollers and not sure how busy the intersections/streets are. Anyone done this?

The SpringHill Suites around the corner from Disney Springs’ hotel district? Those streets are busy, but walkable. If you’re intent on not having a car, it’s doable. I’d prepare for rain, just in case.

The Residence Inn Maingate is walkable but not real close. I would suggest getting an ART (Anahiem Resort Transit) pass. You can purchase the ART pass from the Disney desk at the hotel.

The SpringHill Suites Maingate on Ball Rd suggests walking to the Mickey & Friends parking lot and catching the tram. That’s our plan starting Friday–I’ll let you know how it goes.

From SHS-M there are no roads to cross. Walking: Turn right out of the parking lot, go down a block on the sidewalk, turn right down a side street (again, sidewalks) that dead ends into CM parking (behind M&F parking). At the CM parking gates, there is a crosswalk and CMs give pedestrians the right of way. I would not hesitate to bring my family and stroller on this route. Ball Rd is busy, but the sidewalk is wide and it’s only about a block you’re on it before turning off to enter the parking area.

From the door of SpringHill Suites Maingate to the tram loading queue: 10 min. Easy peasy–and free-sy! We did this route twice a day for five days over Memorial Day weekend.