Walking from Swan to HS

Am I correct that this is the walking path from Swan/BW area to HS? I have a Lyft scheduled…just want to make sure we don’t get lost on the way, haha.

1 Like

Yup.
There’s a few signs, but really, there’s not much that’ll have you confused. And full disclosure, I’ve used rideshare or boat more times to get to/from Hollyweird/Swan more than I’ve walked. No shame in my game.

1 Like

Thank you! I wish the boats were running but we’ll just be hoofing it!

2 Likes

It’s really not a bad walk. One I’d rather take in the morning than at the end of the day.

We love the boat!

1 Like

At a moderate pace, not speed walking but not meandering either, about how long would u say the walk from Swan to HS is?

We walked from the back of Boardwalk, just below the bridge from the Swan. We strolled. :grin:

I’d say no more than 10 minutes. It didn’t seem long at all. Nice morning, we were anticipating Tower of Terror (well, not me!). We were expecting a much longer walk and were pleasantly surprised.

It’d be a bit longer from the Swan cuz you’d have to walk to and over the bridge. But then your strolling might be a tad faster than ours!

1 Like

Haha! Mine probably isnt but DH takes long strides. Im always catching up, lol.

1 Like

It is about 1 mile, so however long it takes you to walk a mile. :slight_smile: I’d plan on about 20 minutes, give or take?

Hmm. You walk very fast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never walked that route or measured it but if it’s a mile then 20 minutes would be 3 mph, on the brisk side of average walking speed for adults.
Considered in the moderate intensity activity range by the CDC apparently.

1 Like

I’m the one doing the catching up. DH and my sister are the fast walkers - easily 4 mph.
While I’m sauntering along below 2 mph. :sunglasses:

1 Like

In that case, your perception of the time to walk it was likely off. To walk the mile in 10 minutes is faster than I generally RUN a mile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a pretty fast walker – it took me 17 minutes (yes, I timed it) from Beach Club

2 Likes

:flushed: Oh man, I have no clue! But 20-25 mins will be allocated. Thanks!

1 Like

That time perception is off is a definite. Fine morning, anticipation, and pouf, we were there.

Walking at the end of the day would be a completely different perception. :confounded:

3 Likes

No, no. It is just the freakiness of the space-time continuum. The more tired you are, the further things actually are apart! :wink:

4 Likes

The more tired I am, the faster I walk, so I can be done. It drives my family crazy

So what you’re saying is…you have super powers! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yes, quantum distance.

(Antman and the Wasp last week: do they just put quantum in front of everything?)

I’m watching through the entire Marvel Universe movies with my son very very gradually in “chronological” order…meaning, the order in which they take place in the timeline, not in the order they were made. We just made it through Thor: The Dark World a few days ago. So, we haven’t even seen the first Ant-Man yet.

2 Likes

A list would be awesome! DH and I want to do this, one every weekend. I’ve googled but he insists its wrong, lol!