Walk-in showers?

We’ve stayed at many WDW resorts through the years, and in recent years we’ve decided we only like resorts that allow us to walk or monorail to theme parks. Which resorts that fit that criteria have walk-in, glassed-in showers instead of a tub/shower combo? Last year we stayed at the Grand Floridian and were surprised that after the refurbishment, the room still had a shower curtained tub/shower. Do any resorts that offer walking or monorailing to the parks also offer rooms (of any type) with walk-in showers? It’s not an accessibility issue, just a personal preference. Thank you!

The 1-bed (and bigger) DVC villas certainly have them. That would be Bay Lake, GF Villas, Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas.

The Poly studios also have them, and it looks from the floor plans as if the GF studios may have them.

Not sure about non-DVC rooms. I know the BC rooms don’t have them.

1 Like

Grand Floridian Studios have a walk-in shower and a tub. Not on the monorail but Copper Creek have booking category of studios with walk in showers too.

2 Likes

My room at the Yacht Club definitely had a walk-in, glass-door shower. I’m not 100% sure if all the rooms are the same, but can confirm that’s what I had last year!

1 Like

I wish all WDW resort bathrooms would convert to walk in showers…safer, cleaner, and more attractive.

2 Likes

I want to say that I read one of the two AOA Suite bathrooms was a walk-in.

2 Likes

Some people need baths though. Like those with small children.

We once went on holiday and found the room we were in only had a shower, DS was 8 months at the time. We ended up blocking the plug hole and siting him in 2 inches of water to try and get him bathed.

My youngest has sensory issues and still prefers a bath at 20.

3 Likes

I much prefer a bath and I don’t have sensory issues. Baths should definitely be available.

4 Likes

Yes. The main bathroom off the bedroom has a walk-in shower with glass door. The secondary bathroom off the living room has a tub.

I agree with you, but laugh to myself because my just under 2 year old will only take showers these days. Once he realized DD4 showers instead of taking baths, he wanted showers too.

1 Like

I wish I could get DS8 to take a freaking shower, even just once in a while when we need to be quick. Sigh.

My poor kids were never given the choice! I’m too lazy to bend over a bathtub, so once they outgrow my giant kitchen sink and can sit up well, they go in the shower with me.

1 Like

I wish I had the choice. DS is a complicated little soul and showers are just too noisy/touchy for his sensory input limits. I mean, obviously I don’t really begrudge him a bath in the larger scheme of things, there are just some days I would really like to be able to stick him in the shower and get him clean in 3 minutes flat.

1 Like

We’re about to request a room for our trip in November and were hoping to find a walk-in shower at the Yacht Club so this is great to hear! I don’t suppose you remember your room number at all? Thanks so much!

I was either in 2100 or 2102. I hope you have a great trip – the Yacht Club is soooo nice!

1 Like

That is so helpful! Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like