Wait, we're going to Disney World?

So tomorrow morning we fly out of Boston for our Spring Break trip to WDW, and I have to say this trip snuck up on me. After our last trip same time last year, we booked as soon as 2024 reservations opened. And being creatures of habit, we booked again at YC. The year marched along, I did all the things needed to do - book flights, dining, etc, but that was about it.

Things have been unbelievably hectic - both at work and home. I guess it’s just the season of life we are in right now. Then since December it’s been one thing after another. First, DS13 got COVID two days before Christmas, which effectively tanked our Christmas plans… The rest of us didn’t, however, which means we were still able to get it in late January. Then about a week after recovering from COVID, DW got a bad case of pneumonia which resulted in an overnight in the ER. Thankfully that was the last of the illness.

Work got really hectic in mid March, and the craziness went up through yesterday. Then in the last week, DS7 flirted with a fever, DW hurt her knee, our sink sprung a leak - and suddenly I was getting vibes of two years ago when we had to postpone our trip at the last minute. And yet now the trip is here, and here we go!

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and tomorrow we leave! I’m now officially pumped, but I still have a little packing to do.

Who:. Myself, DW, DS13, and DS7.
When: April 13-21
Where: YC, where else (for us anyways)?

I also realized last trip that I’m terrible at trip reports - so for this one I’m going to keep it casual. Post some pictures, random comments, any observations I have, rather than daily narratives which I abandoned last trip half way through. I’m also very much looking forward to doing the parks without reservations!

Now that I’m in the Disney mindset, I can’t wait to just be there tomorrow. Here we go!

38 Likes

I’m so glad you got all the illness out of the way.
Now get that packing finished so you can chill out and enjoy your trip!! :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Sounds like the timing couldn’t be better! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see your updates!!

3 Likes

Glad everyone is back to health. Have a great time!

3 Likes

The family, all ready to go!

Selfie on the plane.

Plane is still boarding, looks to be about 20-30 minutes behind schedule. Not bad for the first day of Massachusetts spring break.

25 Likes

Family is excited.

23 Likes

20-30 minutes behind schedule is not bad for Logan! Safe travels and have fun!

2 Likes

Y’all sound like my family, everyone trying to get everything before every trip. Glad you made it on the plane and hope you have a blast!!

7 Likes

And we’ve landed…

14 Likes

So excited for yall! Have a great trip! I’m not good at TRs either, lol. I do a few pic dumps and some commentary. Maybe answer questions but thats it. I’m good at the trip part, just not so much the report part :joy:

5 Likes

I feel so content right now.

23 Likes

So our room was assigned right as the plane landed. We have a water view room, and the one thing we asked for was to not have a view of Stormalong Bay, as it can get noisy (and we really love Crescent Lake views). And the room we got? One of about a dozen rooms at YC overlooking Stormalong Bay.

So while we were waiting at baggage claim, I got on the Disney Chat in MDE, explained my concern. I figured that would give me a better shot of getting something rather than waiting until we got to the hotel, when more people would have checked in.

The cast member on chat was extremely helpful, and gave me the choice of 3 rooms. I was quickly cross referencing with the TP room finder and selected one.

This is what we ended up with.

Hello, Crescent Lake.

Hello, Spaceship Earth.

Hello, Eiffel Tower.

I am in my happy place.

31 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Amazing view! So glad they were able to change it for you!

7 Likes

That’s a home run!!!

7 Likes

I have never in my life heard of them giving you a choice of multiple rooms! That is really cool.

10 Likes

The boys always love the balcony.

23 Likes

I feel like we’ve seen this scene before! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You have.

27 Likes