Wait times for Fast Pass Attractions

When I optimized my TP with specific FPP reservations, the TP shows a wait time.

Granted an 8 min wait for Peter Pan is not a big deal, but I thought FPP meant we walk straight on.

There are different ways that attractions handle FastPasses, but generally although you skip most of the line you end up blended in with standby guests at some point. Thus, there’s always some wait. Looking at my visits to Peter Pan when using FastPasses, the wait for that attraction has been from 2-5 minutes, so I’d say an 8 minute wait is a little on the high side.

It’s exceptionally rare for FPP to allow you to walk on to a popular attraction. There’s almost always a minor wait.

In our testing, the wait to use your FPP reservation has historically been somewhere between 15 and 25% of the posted standby wait time. That’s the estimate range the optimizer uses for FPP for most attractions. (Anna and Elsa are a special case.)

1 Like

Thanks for the answer

[quote=“len, post:3, topic:5603”]
In our testing, the wait to use your FPP reservation has historically been somewhere between 15 and 25% of the posted standby wait time[/quote]

@len, You have much more data than I do, but I’ve found the FP and FPP wait time varies quite a bit depending on the attraction and where the FP blend occurs. In some cases, it doesn’t seem to have any relation to the posted wait time, since you blend at the same point and seldom have many people in the FPP line. Things like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, or Buzz Lightyear seem to follow that pattern.

For Peter Pan, I’ve waited 4 minutes when the posted time was 75 minutes and 5 minutes when the posted time was 50 minutes. Based on how far into the queue you join the line, I can’t see how you’ve ever wait even 10 minutes unless the ride broke down while you were waiting. Since the standby line frequently gets very long, I’d be surprised if you saw 15-25% wait times there, though I’ll defer to your data, even if I don’t understand it. Probably won’t matter anyway, when they open the new queue.

Have you considered allowing folks to indicate if they are using the FP lines when they time their wait using the lines app? I’d submit more times if I could do that.

1 Like

Ah, that’s a good idea. Let me see what we can do. Thanks!

1 Like