Wait Time Numbers Explanation Needed

@len Ok I have 2 screens shots taken at the same time. On the one screen I have listed for the tea cup ride: Expected:9 and Posted 15. On the next screen shot, (my personalized touring plan) I can see on the right side of the screen the time that represents “Expected Wait Time”. On the right side underneath the arrival heading, it shows a different wait time, 10 minutes, that doesn’t correspond to either times. This area is grayed out. Which time should I go by? Shouldn’t the grey number match one of the other 2 from the first screen shot?

My guess is that the Wait time of 10 minutes was from your original touring plan. Which is why it says “now 9 min”. Because in your original plan it was a 10 minute wait predicted.

Agree with @gamusicman - 10 min was what was predicted when you last optimized/evaluated your plan, and 9 min is the current estimate.

One would think it would use current estimate and not the predicted estimate though. Right?

Not until you re-optimize/re-evaluate.

Here’s another screen shot. The difference between using predicted wait time and estimated wait time is 12 minutes. I have tried using re evaluate without changing the order, but when I do this it adds on 5 to 10 minutes because it thinks I’m not at the ride.

I’ll check with the devs. I think the one on the right is the wait right now, and the one on the left is from the plan’s arrival time.

1 Like

I also noticed this with the app: Let’s say I just finished riding Gran Fiesta Tour, there’s a 5 minute walk to my next attraction:“Frozen Ever After” showing an arrival time of 2:15 pm. I decided I wanted to see what the rest of my day is going to look like, so I know whether or not I need to “Optimize” if I’m running short on time.
When I selected the “Evaluate” button prior to my arrival time at FEA, it automatically added on additional minutes. In this case, the system adds “American Pavilion” and bumps my arrival time for FEA to 2:36 pm. Here’s a link to my plan: https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=2921535
Is there any possibility, that at some point we can let the app know just to update at that point in the touring?

Are you marking attractions as “Done” when you are finished with them? If you do that, the app knows exactly where you are and shouldn’t be adding in extra attractions or extra minutes. On my last trip, which admittedly, was two years ago, I used the app religiously throughout my trip, marking things as done every time I completed them and re-optimizing frequently, and it seemed to work brilliantly.

Yes, I’m marking them done on the app. The adding of time takes place when I go to evaluate the remaining items on my list. You won’t see which ones are done on the paper format.

I’m travelling for the next couple of days, but I’d like to look at this at the end of the month. It seems like that makes sense.

1 Like