Wait time inflation

I can’t wait to see the blog posts about that! :rofl:

4 Likes

My trip is the week after Thanksgiving. I’m hoping for more information before we jump into buying G+. It looks like our week is low to moderate crowds, depending on the park, all week.

Agreed!

Saw this headline in my news feed and had to share here since it referenced “inflation”. :joy:

1 Like

This was TOTALLY my experience on Saturday. I rode HM twice - posted waits 55, and 50 min. I did time my waits using Lines and they were 18 min and 15 min.

5 Likes

Ya, I really do not buy this. This is the average posted wait times across WDW by day. This shows the last week randomly spiking and coming close to summer crowd territories.

Today is currently the most crowded day at HS of the entire year…
There is just no way.

2 Likes

It’s because people are racing to WDW now, before they have to pay for LL.

It’s just a coincidence that it happened when they announced the Genie start date :wink:

3 Likes

I did TP plans for a few days of our trip. The longest wait listed for my plans is an hour. Most are 30 minutes or less. Now I don’t have a plan for the afternoons, as we may not be in the parks at that time. If that is the case and the TP plans are correct, I don’t think we will need G+. But I’m continuing to monitor and wait and see.

There is a marked advantage in rope drop or very end of day in a few parks right now. I’m wondering if G+ is going to change that.

1 Like
1 Like

Currently MDE says SE is 35min. Looks it. TP says 10 :face_with_monocle:

lemme help you out without even reading: they don’t know.

:rofl:

There. Just saved ya 8 Minutes of Read Time.

4 Likes

Wait you mean they are rolling something out without really considering the thing from all the angles?

No…

2 Likes

naaaaaaaaaah

But my position was more a 3rd Party Blogger certainly isn’t going to know either.

2 Likes

I expect that Disney doesn’t even know what’s going to happen. Based on previous comments, there were a bunch of things they hadn’t thought to consider that TP does. This is going to be a lot of trial and error.

I think I agree with the way Becky put it in this TP Blog Post:

We already know that Disney inflates posted wait times. It stands to reason that the wait times displayed in your Genie plan will be those same inflated times, and any time savings quoted back to you will also likely be compared to those inflated numbers. It’s unlikely that Disney would attempt to artificially push these posted times even higher, because that could just get them in trouble. They have legitimate reasons for inflating their wait times, but that does put the burden on the consumer to really think critically before trusting any “purchase now” recommendations, if any exist.

I know we’re all skeptics around here, but I think Disney knows they are being watched, and they’re not going to intentionally inflate wait times further once Genie+ debuts. That’s one step too far. But they will gladly continue to inflate them similar to what they’re doing now, but not solely because it will drive LL purchases.

5 Likes

I wonder if people will start timing their waits against actuals after purchasing Genie+. Personally, I think Disney needs to get serious flack from guests if they see inflated wait times compared to actuals, and perhaps ask for a refund if they aren’t somewhat close.

I said in my previous thread after this was all announced that if Disney doesn’t fix the inflated wait times prior to the Genie+ launch, they are selling a product under false pretenses.

1 Like

Then again, we expected low crowds through the end of the month and that rise seems to be turning a bit.

1 Like

Anecdotally, I’ll just say I did notice an increase in crowds throughout last week. It’s hard to pin down since I was in a different park each day, but I do think more people were arriving at the resort toward the weekend.

I’ve had this fear that people would avoid the first week in October and the rest of October would be swamped. I don’t wanna be right!

2 Likes