Visiting and dining at other resorts

Curious, are guests now allowed to visit and tour the other DW resorts? I recall for a time early on during the Pandemic that this wasn’t allowed. Can guests make dining reservations at other DW properties?

1 Like

Yes you can. You’ll encounter the least resistance arriving by Disney transport but even arriving by personal car or ride share you should be able to get in showing your reservation to the guard shack

Guests can always tour other DW resorts via internal transportation. If you have an ADR you can also access the resort. What you cannot do it show up to a resort and go in just to look around. They are only allowing ppl in DW resorts w/ room or dinning reservations. But as I started out you can take any bus/boat/monorail to a resort once you are in the parks or on property. We’ve done it a bit actually. At Xmas time we had an ADR at Kona and then did the monorail loop to see the other resort holiday decorations.

So if I wanted to go to Geyser Point at WL on my MK day do I need to do a mobile or show that I joined the waitlist? Or because I’m taking internal transportation does it not matter?

If you take the ferry from MK to WL you don’t need to show your MO to anyone.

2 Likes

Thanks! That was my plan and what I thought but was just making sure!

1 Like

To add to what @OBNurseNH stated - we do this very often, and it has never been an issue when you have a dining reservation (within a reasonable amount of time). The only place I’ve ever encountered an issue is when we tried parking at The Beach Club Resort about 4 hours before our reservation time. With that being so near the Epcot International Gateway, I could see why they had an issue with it. We make a lot of Disney Dining reservations while we are in the Orlando area, regardless of our intent to go into the parks or not. In fact, we just did this about three separate times in our recent March/April 2021 trip, and it worked as usual.

2 Likes