Visit to Busch Garden

Just started planning our first ever trip to the parks. WOW so overwhelming!! I am currently trying to figure out transportation plans. Any suggestions on the best way to head to Busch Gardens for the day from Disneyworld resort?

Check out the Mears shuttle. It’s free if you have BG tickets from lots of locations.

https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp

2 Likes

Our family loved our BGT day on 2014! I hope it works out for you.

2 Likes

I’m assuming, since you’re asking this question, that you won’t have a car at your disposal. I think the only other logical solution would be to rent a car for the day (WDW has onsite car rental agencies). But, that way, you don’t have to time your visit around the shuttle schedule.

2 Likes

I rented a car last October to go to Busch Gardens. I had a great day there!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Not familiar with Uber or Lyft as we don’t have those available yet, would that be a good option? How long is the drive?

1 Like

It’s too far for one of those services, unfortunately. You can calculate it on the Uber website, but I’m guessing it would be in the hundreds of dollars round trip. The drive is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, each way. It’s worth doing, though, if you go by shuttle or rent a car. We also had a great time the last time we went.

2 Likes

Actually, the drive was a little over an hour each way. Although I did it on a Sunday.

4 Likes

BGT is a great park; I highly encourage going. I’ve never made the drive in less than 90 minutes (I plan for 120), but so much depends on time of day and day of week. I can’t help with the transportation question as I always drive to Orlando, so I always have my own car…

1 Like

I tried.checked Google maps last night and it said one hour 1 minute. There was no traffic when I went on Sunday, so that may have been why it was so quick for me.

2 Likes

Our family had a similar drive time TO the parks in 2014. We went two days. In each case, though, it’s worth noting we wanted to be there for opening. We were the first car in the lot one day and within the first five the second day. I think we likely missed traffic on the way in. The return trip was longer both days.

1 Like

It usually takes us about 70 minutes.

1 Like

Yes! We went for opening too! The morning was so nice.

1 Like

In October when I checked the price I believe it was between $60-80 each way. You can get a one day rental for less than a one way Uber/Lyft ride. There are two car rental locations at Disney. One is the Car Care Center, the other is located at the Dolphin.

1 Like

I bet it was nice in the morning! Getting there at opening must be every bit as important as it is at WDW.We didn’t make it there until mid-morning, what a zoo. That was the very first day they had ever offered VIP tours- we were so desperate with the three kids that we signed right up. We ended up having an absolute blast, it was worth every penny. And DD got picked to be the star of the Dolphin show.

Wow, that was longer ago than I thought! She’s 24 and graduating with her Master’s on Saturday. :open_mouth: Time flies.

1 Like

what a zoo

I think this is an advertised selling point :yum:

4 Likes

Haha- yes, indeed!
But I like the animals, not the creatures roaming around free and getting in my way!

1 Like

We were there in May. It was a zoo from 11-3 —- school groups. Like field trips. Before and after we’re a Dream.

1 Like

Maybe weekends are better?

In our town amusement park the school days are awful. The weekends and summer days are better…

1 Like