Virtual Run question

Who do we have to petition to get Apple and Disney (who are already in collaboration) to do a Run-Disney on Apple Vision Pro/Meta Quest where it’s basically a First Person view of the course(s)?

Legit wondering if there’s anyone we can seriously contact about this. Cause this seems like an obvious slam dunk to me.

@Len, would you know anyone? I know you have the ear of some insiders.

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool.

Not sure who would need to sign off on that

I have been moderately successful finding some courses on YouTube - I used some during my marathon training

2 Likes

I was actually thinking something a little more virtual than that as well. Not just a ‘recording’ of the run (which would be great though)

Like imagine running through Disney Dreamlight Valley?

1 Like

Like a VQ thing?

Wait what even is that - virtual queue

You mean like a VR thing?

2 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah.
Like take a completed ‘dreamlight’ map (or whatever they’re called) and put the user on a set path that progresses as you run. (from more of a game-mode standpoint, you can even have the goals/achievements be getting a virtual “photo” with the characters.)

The content is already there, just needs to be rearranged a bit (and licensed I guess.) :slight_smile:

Meh, who am I kidding? There’s no way this hasn’t crossed their minds already (at least the dreamlight part, anyway).

2 Likes

I once had a plan to make this.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/dopey-360/90254/23?u=nobelleprizewinner

1 Like

exactly!

1 Like

If we’re going to make this super-realistic, the first 90 minutes need to be in complete darkness :crazy_face:

1 Like

That’s actually fair and accurate

And only some of that includes waiting in the corrals.

#headlampsareyourfriend

1 Like

We can just skip that part :grin:

1 Like