Virtual queues from January

Starting from January 9, you will be able to join one virtual queue at any theme park where you have valid admission. You can only hold one attraction virtual queue at a time.

• You may also require a theme park reservation to join a virtual queue (eg AP holders)
  • You do not need to be inside a theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 7:00 AM.
  • You must be inside the theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 1:00 PM.
9 Likes

It isn’t clear to me…is this a change?

1 Like

Disney had to make a decision regarding VQ’s, with APR’s ending for most people. It’s good news, especially for off-siters with no ETPE. Some thought the VQ’s would end in January.

Last time Disney had VQ’s and didn’t require APR’s, you needed to be inside the park at 7am to attempt.

5 Likes

And with park hopping restrictions ending the 1pm VQ opens up to more guests.

Also worth noting that the being “inside” the park for the 1pm VQ is likely as it is now, where you only need to have tapped in but could already have left.

5 Likes

I just realised too that currently it is possible to hold more than one VQ at a time, if you change your park reservation after trying for a VQ at 7am.

Now it looks like they will specifically make sure you can only hold one at a time.

5 Likes

It is also possible if you got a GotG VQ at 7am, then got a Tron one at ~2pm in MK after hopping and hadn’t used your GotG yet.

4 Likes

I take this change as good news.

The one point I’m not entirely clear on is if you just need a park reservation if you are an AP holder (meaning, that your admission is not only theoretically valid, but that you would be able to get into a park in actuality and then hop wherever it is), or if it will need to be for the park where you’re getting the VQ (which would be more like what the restriction is now).

I think it’s the former, but from the sources I read I think we need additional confirmation.

2 Likes

I agree, the wording says “may need”.

I suspect it will work as it currently does for AP holders, so you’ll need a park reservation for Epcot to try for the 7am VQ for Guardians, and for MK to try for the 7am VQ for Tron.

1 Like

This is how I am reading it

1 Like

Did everyone get an alert on their phones about changes coming in January but the link goes nowhere ?

1 Like

I did not get an alert on my phone

3 Likes

It is annoying because it came on my phone and iPad.

1 Like

My guess is if it’s a “good to go” day where you don’t need a park reservation then you can book VQ without.

4 Likes

Found it!

1 Like

Glad you finally found it — got the notification about an hour ago and took screenshots just in case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sear my alert’s came a good hour before they posted that update, I looked twice at the passholder info.

1 Like

If we have EMH next Monday night at Epcot, is there a 6 pm VQ for Guardians? If yes, do we have to be in Epcot at that time to get it? Hopping from HS and just wondering if we need to be back for that…

1 Like

Yes, the Monday night Extended Evening Hours at EP will have a 6 pm VQ just for those who are eligible for these Deluxe hours.
No, you do not need to be in Epcot at that time, nor even have entered EP already that day.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like