VIP Tour Pricing

So what in the world is this Genie stuff going to do to VIP tour benefits. Basically, if they sell too many LL access passes, all of a sudden you’re waiting for a ride that you planned to walk onto :frowning:

They are limiting LL to 2 per party. Between that and the price, I think it won’t impact VIP or standby too much.

1 Like

I like that they’re limiting LL. Will be interesting to see how many they have available, if they book up right at 7 AM, if they drop more throughout the day… I could see myself buying one or two during a trip.

It wouldn’t make any sense to have unlimited LL because even that would be cheaper than a VIP tour.

1 Like

The WAT is a thousand times better than KS. Once you’ve done the WAT you can never do KS again — it’s rubbish.

You don’t need to be fit. That’s typical Disney legalistic over-caution. There is some uneven ground, some of which is vaguely uphill.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I think the suspension Bridges bring to mind more adventurous outings! I would like to do a tour and this is the top of my list. Now, however, I am afraid my extra discounted gift card money is going to go to Genie plus :joy:

My husband is TERRIFIED of heights, and my son is right there with him. They both did fine on this. The CMs are very supportive and encouraging. Nobody is made to hurry or to feel rushed in any way. You get there when you get there. It’s kind of a long bridge but doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes to cross if you’re going slowly. The rest of the experience is not super adventurous (though you are harnessed in by the hippo pool so as to avoid becoming a snack). It’s very easily done by nearly everyone, barring some significant physical disabilities.

3 Likes

I just wish my youngest - DD7 - was old enough for it.

1 Like

Got our tour for the end of October! Very excited.

5 Likes

My brother and I refer to this type of behavior as “a big wasting”.

WAT is an amazing tour. If you can make it work, I highly recommend. DW and I love it, and we will do it again with the kids when they are old enough.

1 Like

In a couple of years, it might end up being my ace in the hole when I try to convince DW we have to return to WDW.

3 Likes

Given mu daughter wants to be a zookeeper, I suspect we will eventually have to do all of the AK tours, starting with this one!

1 Like

I actually think, if you’re going to do them all, you should save this one for last. I would do the elephant and rhino ones first. Those will be underwhelming after WAT

2 Likes

Thanks, I will take that advice! I mostly just want to touch a rhino and then probably promptly bawl my eyes out!

3 Likes

It is fabulous! It’s one of my most favorite things I’ve ever done in WDW.

2 Likes

Did anyone do a VIP tour back when you used the fast pass lanes and people were actually in them? Trying to figure out how much impact lightning lanes will have since they’re likely to launch before we arrive.

1 Like

We did one in 2019 and it was great. Some rides the VIP access skips even beyond the FP merge point so it is even quicker than FP - Space was definitely like that and I think Haunted Mansion may have been (although it’s possible I’m confusing that with the Keys to the Kingdom tour - but I think it was the same).

I wouldn’t worry about it - you’ll still be able to ride so many rides really quickly that you’ll be dizzy from all the motion…

1 Like

There’s been changes in the VIP procedures since Covid and it seems to be an ever evolving situation. Depends on the attraction and the day.

The backstage transportation is priceless and having recently booked a tour later in the day to allow for the guide to get us all back to our vehicles after fireworks? Omg, that was priceless.

Disclaimer: I was with a group of people who’ve done every ride a million times, and we did a bunch of running around backstage instead of riding attractions.

1 Like

You mean they gave you a tour of backstage as part of your VIP experience? That’s pretty freakin cool!

1 Like

Well, kind of? We just used the backstage transport to quickly get a bunch of places. Like we went into the Land JUST for a photo. Things like that.

Bear in mind, you are not allowed to take any photos or videos when backstage (people do it, but they aren’t supposed too). Not all guides share facts and info while driving backstage, mine does, although I had planned it all and so I had a cheat sheet with info about where we were backstage and what was there, etc etc. It was with my trivia group, and so it was a very trivia heavy tour, and I planned trivia questions around where we were.

I’ve done a VIP tour where the only time we went into the park was for fireworks. We drove around property, visited several resorts, and drove around the backside of a couple of the parks.

One thing to note about a tour? They can take you right up to the conservation station at AK! No train ride and then long walk. THAT is super cool.

4 Likes