VIP Tour Pricing

My tour for Aug 20 is $550 (I’m cancelling it, so “is” won’t be for long!)

ETA. My Dec 2019 tour was $425

4 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I’m sitting in the dealership waiting (2hrs) room right now and I’ll respond more when I get home.

3 Likes

Yes, I hear this. We’ve done many trips where the memory is about the place and time together. Trips outside of WDW.

I’m sorry about this. Tours are a great help and your budgeting to accommodate for them is a GREAT solution. The pandemic has caused my DH to be anxious at Disney in the crowds.

This sounds like an awesome idea!!! I like later hours too, but the parks are not accommodating right now :frowning: Thank you for sharing your experiences and rational w/ me. You’ve given me some GREAT ideas :hugs:

2 Likes

Oh good!!

I’ll add that our 5 pm entry usually starts with an ADR for 5:30-6ish somewhere and we take our time eating. By the time we’re done, people are usually starting to line up for the parade, so as they make their way to Main Street or the like, we go the opposite direction.

In the 3-4 hours after fireworks, we get the same amount of attractions done that RD’ers do in the AM, minus headliners. Which is what we’d use the tour to cover.

I’m sorry you had a long wait at the dealership. Those are never fun.

More great ideas!!! :slight_smile:

3.5 hours :face_with_raised_eyebrow: BUT I did have fun visiting w/ others and getting good local eating ideas. And I started reading a book: The Introvert’s Way. Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World.

2 Likes

Great ideas all around. Let me know if you end up liking the book. I picked up Rewiring Your Anxious Brain last week.

1 Like

December 9th 2020 was $425 - that was the last day, it jumped to $550 (or maybe $525, I don’t remember) on Dec 10th.

@vcka my situation when we did the VIP tour is that my 70 year old Mom was traveling with me and hadn’t been to Disney in 20+ years. She would not have done well with rope drop mornings or waiting/standing in lines for any length of time. This was a special mother-daughter trip so it was nice to do this on our first day, we went to all 4 parks and saw rode our “must do” rides. Then it allowed the rest of our vacation to be at a leisurely pace and not having to get up early or have super late nights. It was so nice to have it be very relaxed and stress free and still get everything done we wanted to!

5 Likes

We did DHS in the morning, starting at 10 AM. We started before 9 at Tower, which had mechanical problems almost as soon as we got in line. We bailed on that after 20 minutes and did Star Tours before meeting the guide at Baseline at 9:45.

At DHS we did ROTR, Falcon, Slinky, Toy Story Mania, Runaway Railway, and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

We bopped over to MK and did Buzz, Space, 7DMT (twice), Mansion, ate lunch at Liberty Square Market, then it started to rain. From there: Pirates, BTMRR, Splash, and finished up with Peter Pan’s Flight. The guide gave the kids a ride back to Pop to end the day.

Our guide was Jimmy and he was great. It was definitely faster to use a guide - I’ve done similar days with a bunch of Fastpasses, and it took longer with the FPs.

8 Likes

15 rides, 2 parks, not all headliners. Do you think you could have pushed to fit in more? How long was your tour?

2 Likes

I was there when you were there. I’m so sad I never saw you - I missed my opportunity to yell out “Schmerzday!”

5 Likes

Rats! We had room on the tour, too. Could’ve added you.

2 Likes

Oh that would have been nice.

I was with my family though and they wouldn’t have loved that! :laughing:

We did the 7-hour minimum. We could’ve pushed to get a couple more rides in, but adding another park would’ve been difficult just in terms of transportation time.

In general, it’s hard to get more than 2.5 rides per hour in under any circumstances, factoring in ride length, some unavoidable, minimal amount of wait time, and just walking from ride to ride. Plus, you know, we had 7 people and everyone moves at different speeds. The guide we had (Jimmy - he’s great) was definitely able to speed-walk when we wanted, so the guide isn’t going to hold you back.

5 Likes

“I must be with my people. I mean Len’s group - you know that, right?”

11 Likes

Oh they know! They are so patient with me! :laughing:

I did get the one day solo while they went to The Place That Shall Not Be Named. The dark place. Where the shadows are.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing @bubblez. It’s great to hear someone’s experiences with VIP guides. I would love to do it too (I’m actually a good planner and don’t mind rope dropping - but it would be great to experience just freely going from ride to ride without planning).

And don’t feel like you have to defend any choices. Vacation time is precious and if using a Plaid makes it better or more enjoyable is some way- awesome!

3 Likes

Makes a lot of sense. I think there will be 4 of us, so wondering how much that will speed up ride times.

1 Like

Sitting in Sanaa waiting for my breakfast and there’s a family here with a Plaid. They are clearly first time visitors and they are discussing what rides are where. “You’ve got Frozen here, right?”

I am dying! So much precious, expensive time being wasted right now!

6 Likes

Time (spent researching, planning) is money!

5 Likes

Is is really fair to make fun of clueless ppl? I bet most ppl probably think of WDW as a typical amusement park that requires no planning. But those ppl mentioned are paying A LOT of money for that Plaid sooooo…

2 Likes