VIP Tour Pricing

It’s definitely possible. On my last trip there was a big VIP tour with mostly adults, but one mom and a toddler. We were in the DAS line for PPF, and the plaid walked her over, spoke to the person at the station about mom and child, and then left. We were talking to the mom and she said that the rest of the group were going to ride SDMT, but obviously the baby couldn’t so they split up.
I think it only really works if the rides are near each other, otherwise it’s hard for the plaid to do it

5 Likes

Yes, it is possible but it needs to b e planned for and with rides near by. So whilst one lot do FoP the rest do Navii and then maybe ride Navii again with the whole group.

I’ve read reports of Space and Speedway, and also Space and Buzz, for example.

I meant to add, another thing that is useful for the guide to know is what kind of tour you want. Do you want to focus on getting the rides done or do you want your own Keys to the Kingdom type tour with lots of information? What kind of pace do you want to go at?

3 Likes

We did Space and PeopleMover. I’m not a big fan of Space Mountain, but fricken love PeopleMover.

5 Likes

Can I ask a couple of questions including going back a month to the Wild African Trek?

1. Has anyone done the AKL safari type tour and can you compare it to Wild African Trek.
  2. How fit do you have to be for WAT?
  3. Is there a tour you would recommend for an 11 yo who is into the urban myths of Disney and how backstage functions?

I know none of these are open yet, but I would like to know what I should be stalking (besides a NYE fireworks dessert party cruise…)

Thanks!

2 Likes
  1. I’ve done WAT and the Starlight Safari at AKL. The price point reflects the difference. We enjoyed the Starlight Safari, but it doesn’t compare. We got night vision goggles and we’re able to see quite a few animals, but nothing really up close. WAT was incredible. I’ll look for my reviews of each and link them to this thread if I find them.
  2. You don’t need to be terribly in shape. I was over 40 pounds overweight with a mobility disorder wearing leg braces and while it was tiring, it wasn’t insurmountable. Just need to be able to do a short walk through uneven ground and be willing to cross the bridges.
  3. I’m not sure, but DS loved WAT when he was 12.
1 Like

This was our trip report with Starlight Safari

This one had WAT

And this was our other WAT trip

Thank you! Can’t wait to read these!

I think I will just need to wait for my Daughter to be old enough for Keys to the Kingdom. But she would love WAT for sure. We live in Arlington VA and her girl scout troop got to do an overnight at the National zoo including a backstage tour of one part and a night time trek to see the cats when they were awake. She LOVED it. (And so did I.)

1 Like

One day at DHS I saw a random CM waiting over by the brewery and took the opportunity to ask her some questions about the RotR standby queue as we had a spot but were trying to figure out the protocol to balance with our Brown Derby ADR at noon. After she answered the query (she recommended doing the ADR if in direct conflict as RotR can be more accommodating - fortunately it wasn’t an issue), I noted she was actually a plaid and wondered where her VIP tour was. She was waiting on them and they were around 20 minutes late already. She said that was very common when she met groups in the park - sounded like people typically underestimate how long it takes to get them to the park and then deep into it.

I went to check out the Star Tours store and talked to her again on my way back - she was still waiting. I was horrified at that lost opportunity cost, but apparently it is fairly common…

3 Likes

So what in the world is this Genie stuff going to do to VIP tour benefits. Basically, if they sell too many LL access passes, all of a sudden you’re waiting for a ride that you planned to walk onto :frowning:

They are limiting LL to 2 per party. Between that and the price, I think it won’t impact VIP or standby too much.

1 Like

I like that they’re limiting LL. Will be interesting to see how many they have available, if they book up right at 7 AM, if they drop more throughout the day… I could see myself buying one or two during a trip.

It wouldn’t make any sense to have unlimited LL because even that would be cheaper than a VIP tour.

1 Like

The WAT is a thousand times better than KS. Once you’ve done the WAT you can never do KS again — it’s rubbish.

You don’t need to be fit. That’s typical Disney legalistic over-caution. There is some uneven ground, some of which is vaguely uphill.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I think the suspension Bridges bring to mind more adventurous outings! I would like to do a tour and this is the top of my list. Now, however, I am afraid my extra discounted gift card money is going to go to Genie plus :joy:

My husband is TERRIFIED of heights, and my son is right there with him. They both did fine on this. The CMs are very supportive and encouraging. Nobody is made to hurry or to feel rushed in any way. You get there when you get there. It’s kind of a long bridge but doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes to cross if you’re going slowly. The rest of the experience is not super adventurous (though you are harnessed in by the hippo pool so as to avoid becoming a snack). It’s very easily done by nearly everyone, barring some significant physical disabilities.

3 Likes

I just wish my youngest - DD7 - was old enough for it.

1 Like

Got our tour for the end of October! Very excited.

5 Likes

My brother and I refer to this type of behavior as “a big wasting”.

WAT is an amazing tour. If you can make it work, I highly recommend. DW and I love it, and we will do it again with the kids when they are old enough.

1 Like

In a couple of years, it might end up being my ace in the hole when I try to convince DW we have to return to WDW.

3 Likes

Given mu daughter wants to be a zookeeper, I suspect we will eventually have to do all of the AK tours, starting with this one!

1 Like