VIP tour options/how would you plan your day

We are over on the west coast too and I really wish I had taken advantage of the DAH events while we were there. I hope they offer those again, as I think they are perfect for west coast peeps who are popping in for a quick trip and don’t have time to acclimate to the time change. I have two teen boys and I can barely get them out out of bed at a decent hour here, never mind 4 or 5 our time!

2 Likes

I believe it is similar in Disney.

1 Like

Have you tried scopolamine patches (prescription) for the motion sickness? That was a life saver for me!

1 Like

I haven’t tried anything other than lightening my Butterbeer consumption tbh! This is going to be the first trip I try to get a jump on it. I was just going to try the Less Drowsy Dramamine, but I think I like your idea better. I’m going to bookmark for a reminder to ask my doctor about them! Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

Alcohol wipes. Sniff ‘em.

1 Like

Make sure to test one out before traveling if you can. They make some people super drowsy.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s a wonderful idea. I just got dizzy watching the Crown (while he was first person view flying). I won’t be short opportunity to test.

I’ll never forget the spray tan my SIL raved about, and I had a full body reaction (test in a small place first, my own fault obviously).

3 Likes

Are you sure this wasn’t a swooning situation? :joy:

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

Interesting. I had to Google this because I hadn’t heard it before, but it makes sense. It certainly clears fog when I’m cleaning a wound.

It was… uncomfortable.

1 Like

I use this tactic with DH as well. :wink:
I’ve never been on or considered a VIP so I’m of no help. However, I can offer advice for your motion sickness prone family members. I get sick on elevators. True story. I get sick when driving the car. It’s quite the bother. What I do for a Disney trip is less drowsy Dramamine, starting the day before the trip and continuing every day of. I just take one, but my pharmacist claims that you can’t overdose on them. Adjust the dosage depending on weight. Even with Dramamine I can’t do Mission Space, so it’s not a cure all. But for FoP specifically, when you get on the ride, use your arms to cover up the panel on the vehicle and close your eyes until you feel the air. The flashing strobe light is super disorienting and messes with your eyes. I also arch my back a bit so the vehicle does not crush me when the back restraint is engaged. While flying, look straight ahead, watching where you’re going. Try to only use the center part of the glasses (they warp on the edges) Once you land on a tree or rock, then you can look around and see all the wonder. They may already been gun shy because it made them ill before, but I instructed a family member to do those things the second time he rode and it made all the difference in the world for him.

4 Likes

These are awesome tips!

None of us have done FoP yet, specifically because we had heard just how bad it was for people sensitive to motion sickness. I’ll look up the ride vehicle and see if I can follow your advice from home before hand so I’m not freaking out trying to remember everything my first time on. It all sounds like it could really help! Thank you!

1 Like

I just read your trip report, thank you for linking it. It looked like everyone had a great time, I bet you are happy you got all of those wonderful memories in before everything shut down. :heart:

2 Likes

Scopolamine patches and if you really want to get into the weeds Emend anti nausea prescription pills! They are pricey and precious though… designed for those undergoing chemo or surgery… But the patches are a little easier to come by and SO GREAT!

1 Like

This is my dream goal/trip and I anxiously await your report! I use Chrome browser on my phone and it keeps me logged in!

1 Like

Thanks! I look forward to sharing!

And thanks for the seconding of the recommendation for Scopolamine patches and I’ll talk to my Doctor about he pills to see what he recommends as well. It’s tough to be a theme park junkie that can’t stomach the rides. I’ll try almost anything at this point, but carefully as @BoilerMomPharmD pointed out!

1 Like

@Bubblez also following. Going with my family in november for our 5th trip. I’m one of those spreadsheet gals who figured out a way to ride almost every ride with a fast pass, rope drop and use pre park opening meals to our advantage. But with so much change, I’m starting to consider the VIP tour for a day or two esp if fast passes aren’t back.

2 Likes

I realized that my main frustrations at the park are both crowds and my family’s refusal to do anything other than at their immediate want/desire. Months of planning, openly mocked and flat out ignored.

They are ruled by such strict schedules everyday, that the thought they have to skip a nap or be up at 3:30am (our time) to rope drop is such a foreign concept to them. Then I get cranky because I know I’ll lose DH half the day because of said nap/work, and DS only wants to do Splash Mountain or Test Track 20 times in a row for single rider. Even if I can stomach 20 drops, I have to do it playing footsie with whosever family I’m jumping in a log with.

All the while, I know I have FP after FP that’s expiring because we can’t cross the park in time or reservations ignored because Pirates is finally under 20 minute wait.

I honestly think the guide will both help us be non RD’ing, spur of the moment riders and keep my grumpy mood in check. I can’t be mad when plans change because then I’ll have a walking FP!

I’d be interested in your thoughts if you do do one, even if it’s just a simple “Yay” or “Nay”.

1 Like

Also, as a side note, I’m hoping to add UOR Orlando Informer private party as well. I’ll post those pictures too/give my thoughts if I can get tickets.

1 Like