Villas at Disneyland Hotel

I’ve been watching the coverage of this new resort on DVC Fan this weekend over my morning coffee. I was very much a “no way Jose” based on the artist renderings of what this would look like. They need new artists - this resort and these rooms are beautiful!

If I can just get over the transient tax (which isn’t really too bad for a duo or traditional studio) I just might book a stay here.

Have you been watching? What do you think?

2 Likes

I see the argument for charging this to the occupant at the time. If not, it would have to be wrapped into dues. Ultimately the owners would be paying but the tax is based on the occupancy and will fluctuate. But it really does add a chunk to the stay. I really want to stay at the Disneyland hotel but I would have to rent points to stay at the Villas. A really good discount paying cash would be similar. But the new villa rooms are beautiful! :heart_eyes: I was just showing my sister yesterday. I love the duo Jungle Book theme.

2 Likes

Which it is at VGC. But because of a different political climate, the tax is much higher now than it was then.

I understand it’s not a DVC issue, but it doesn’t make it more palatable. When you purchase DVC your stay is prepaid and feels "free’. The charge isn’t too bad for a studio and mostly we probably wouldn’t really notice it too much, but you’re talking a couple hundred per night for the 2BR units – and that’s gonna hurt.

All of that said I was surprised at how impressed I was by how the rooms and resort turned out.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether to create a new thread or not.

But the first resale contract for VDH has been listed. At $185 pp there really can’t be much of a saving, given the incentives available for buying direct. And those points will be restricted.

Sad for the seller if there’s been a change in circumstances forcing them to sell. Or maybe they just didn’t like it - since the first year’s points have been used.

1 Like

I would assume one of these too

It’s possible that they purchased the points strictly to use them that one time figuring the cost of the contract would be less than the cost of getting a room for their stay on cash?

I haven’t looked at the listing so not sure.

But in any case, it’s interesting to see one pop up so fast (I think Riviera had one pop up fast like this too) and it will be interesting to see what it sells for. It’s practically ROFR immune though

2 Likes

Reviving to ask, has anyone stayed here since it opened? Does it have its own parking and reception area? I currently have the 1 bedroom booked because I think it’s adorable in the photos/videos but the studios that open to the small pool seem neat too. Any info appreciated by anyone who has tried these out. I can still switch to the Grand Californian if they aren’t all they look to be!

1 Like

Unfortunately no personal experience (though I’m stalking @JJT’s handy DVC finder for our first DLR trip in June!) but I did enjoy Tom Bricker’s recent review of the Duo Studios which raves about the outdoor living space, in case that appeals.

2 Likes

Didn’t @Julianne_fki stay there recently?

2 Likes

I did stay there! @gingerSnaps543222 I do not think it has its own parking but I didn’t have a car. It definitely doesn’t have its own reception but we checked in online and went right to our room. It does have a lobby and right now it is staffed by dvc guides. The lobby opens onto the pool bar and new pool area. It’s beautiful!

The garden studios are the ones that open to the pool area. We are staying in one of the duo garden studios in May. They do look cool!

2 Likes

I love it so much I bought points there!

3 Likes

Well that’s it we’re not switching to grand Cali! I think the 1 and 2 bedroom suites are stunning but I do love the idea of the garden building.

Also good to know you can online check in. Last time I stayed onsite at Disneyland Hotel they still required the counter check in. But a lot of Disneyland site now looks caught up to WDWs!